Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

buick forums  
The Premier Community for Buick Owners and Enthusiasts

Join us! It's free!

buick forums

Past Lineup: Lucerne | Roadmaster | Regal (Old) | LeSabre | Century | Park Avenue | Riviera | Reatta | Grand National
Current Lineup: Cascada | Verano | LaCrosse | Regal | Enclave | Envision | Encore
Buick Forum: Opel Adam Looks Good as a Buick
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mmadden2 is offline Full Member My Buick(s): 2012 LaCrosse Touring, 2014 Encore Prem AWD

Opel Adam Looks Good as a Buick

Read the article here.

Marc

mmadden2 is offline Full Member My Buick(s): 2012 LaCrosse Touring, 2014 Encore Prem AWD

Re: Opel Adam Looks Good as a Buick

More photoshops...

Let's get some more discussion going on in regards to the Buick version of the Opel Adam. What do you think it can/will do for Buick? Do you think it'll hurt Buick's image? Or help it? Luxury brands are beginning to offer small cars for people who are fuel-conscious and still want basic luxury features with excellent service.

Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.
    Download the Cars Connected app for your iPhone or Android device today!

Buick: The New Class of World Class - Luxury As It Should Be...

Please help us keep BuickForums.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

Get your next Buick for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

If Buick wants young people to stand inside their dealerships -- Buick Adam should have happened Wednesday. 2014.

stoopid is online now Full Member My Buick(s): 2015 Regal 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano View Post
    Let's get some more discussion going on in regards to the Buick version of the Opel Adam. What do you think it can/will do for Buick? Do you think it'll hurt Buick's image? Or help it? Luxury brands are beginning to offer small cars for people who are fuel-conscious and still want basic luxury features with excellent service.
    Definitely a trend (in the right direction IMO). Not everyone wants/needs a full or even mid sized sedan, and they shouldn't have to sacrifice quality with the downsize. Toyota dropped the ball with the Prius, the higher trims are expensive for what you get. The Cooper is overpriced in any trim, and not exactly fuel efficient. But something along those lines - fuel efficient, stylish, and loaded with all the latest gadgets. Whomever gets there first is going to see some good sales.

I'm 6' 3" with a minor back problem, so sadly my days of econo cars are over. Buick is a compromise in quality and affordability for me.

Quote Originally Posted by stoopid View Post
    Definitely a trend (in the right direction IMO). Not everyone wants/needs a full or even mid sized sedan, and they shouldn't have to sacrifice quality with the downsize. Toyota dropped the ball with the Prius, the higher trims are expensive for what you get. The Cooper is overpriced in any trim, and not exactly fuel efficient. But something along those lines - fuel efficient, stylish, and loaded with all the latest gadgets. Whomever gets there first is going to see some good sales.

I'm 6' 3" with a minor back problem, so sadly my days of econo cars are over. Buick is a compromise in quality and affordability for me.
    I think Buick did pretty good with the Verano - being a compact car but still quite luxurious. I think they can do it again with the Adam...

I think Buick did pretty good with the Verano - being a compact car but still quite luxurious. I think they can do it again with the Adam...
    They did. I sat in one just to see, and it was a touch small for what I was looking for, otherwise seemed well equiped and laid out for the price/class. With the 2.0T the Verano is a very lively small car.

Quote Originally Posted by stoopid View Post
    They did. I sat in one just to see, and it was a touch small for what I was looking for, otherwise seemed well equiped and laid out for the price/class. With the 2.0T the Verano is a very lively small car.
    0-60 in 6.2 IS pretty quick. My old Eldorado Touring Coupe (1995) did 0-60 in 6.6 seconds and that felt really nice. The car moved. It's not fast by today's standards - but it did have a nice amount of power. Imagine the 2.0T in a high performance version of the Adam...

Remove this ad
    0-60 in 6.2 IS pretty quick.
    I think it might be even faster than that. The Malibu LTZ does that in 5.9 seconds, same engine/transmission and I think same weight (the malibu might weigh a little more). On that topic, I've not seen any solid 0-60 and 1/4 times from Buick for the 2014+ Regals. Motor Trend posted their track results in a review, 0-60MPH in 6.1 seconds and 14.8 quarter mile for the Regal 2.0T :

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...wd_first_test/

I would assume the lighter Verano similarly equipped would be even quicker. Fwiw, 6.0 seconds 0-60 is about as quick as the V6 Gen5 Camaro. I believe it too, having just come from a V6 Gen5 and this actually accelerates faster.

As for the Adam, a car that size (small) would likely be mated with a 1.4T [like a Sonic/Cruze] if it was made for import here. Would probably still move pretty quick even at "only" 140hp/tq (tuned they get 170hp from those 1.4T's).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information