Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

buick forums  
The Premier Community for Buick Owners and Enthusiasts

Join us! It's free!

buick forums

Past Lineup: Lucerne | Roadmaster | Regal (Old) | LeSabre | Century | Park Avenue | Riviera | Reatta | Grand National
Current Lineup: Cascada | Verano | LaCrosse | Regal | Enclave | Envision | Encore
Buick Forum: GM Customer Service person on this site.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    polarzak is offline Full Member My Buick(s): Lucerne & Chrysler 300 (Both In Gorgeous Black)

GM Customer Service person on this site.

I have complained before how useless the GM Customer Service person is on this site, and now that I have a Chrysler (in addition to my Lucerne) the copy and paste below is an example of a response to some fellow's question from ChryslerCare person on that site. Every one of his/her replies are informative and out there for ALL to see, None of this PM me your VIN crap we get from GM Customer Service , and then we never hear from them again, other than to try and sell another vehicle.

Response from ChryslerCares:
    I would hope that your dealer has already reviewed this, BUT you never know......There is a TCM software enhancement TSB for the 2012 model year w/ 5 speed tranny; not sure if it applies to your concerns but here it is for you and others to review:

TSB 21-007-12

SUBJECT:
    FLASH: MIL Illumination For P0730 - Incorrect Gear Ratio

OVERVIEW:
    This bulletin involves updating the Transmission Control Module (TCM) software.

NOTE: This bulletin applies to the following vehicles equipped with the W5A580 Transmission (Sales Code DGJ):

• 300C Models - built on or before May 17, 2012

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
    Customers may indicate that the MIL is illuminated (And / Or) the transmission went into limp-in. Upon further investigation, Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P0730 - Incorrect Gear Ratio is either active or stored in the PCM’s memory.

Transmission Control Module (TCM) -Reprogram

There are no other TSB's for the 5 speed tranny.

Check the wiring harness near the brake booster for a damage/or pinched wire harness. In addition, check the C110 (Black 20 way) connector and/or the C104 (Green 16 way) connector for being secure and no pulled out circuits and/or poor connections.

Good luck on getting this resolved asap!"

END Copy and Paste

Re: GM Customer Service person on this site.

Hello,

I am sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with our Customer Care Team's efforts. Is there anything we can help you with now? To address your concern, we choose to ask our customers to send us a private message so we may deal with their specific situation privately, and not post personal details publicly. Additionally, requesting a VIN allows us to ensure that we are looking at the correct vehicle and therefore sharing the most accurate, relevant information with our customers. If you do have any questions or concerns, we are always happy to help - and let me assure you, we are here to help our customers.

Jessica
    Buick Customer Care

polarzak is offline Full Member My Buick(s): Lucerne & Chrysler 300 (Both In Gorgeous Black)

Hello Jessica,

Firstly, I personally I see no reason to even ask for people's VIN. The VIN has generally nothing to do with the problem the person is having. Problems are not VIN specific, and I am sure the person asking the question knows what he/she is driving. I do agree with the privacy issue.

Secondly, when you deal with that person privately, other members who may have the same problem, do not benefit for your help. This IS a forum for people to help others and share information.

Thirdly.. and most distressing...one member told me the reply he got for PMing his VIN, was simply the address of a dealer near him, and a sales pitch for a new vehicle.

If you really want to help...why not post publicly your solution to the PM VINs you get? You don't HAVE to quote the VIN in your reply. I have seen plenty of replies from the ChryslerCares person...informative, public, and comprehensive, unlike GM Customer Service....."send me your VIN, and no one ever hears from you again. (except maybe to quote something from the owners manual)

Just sayin'

Rant over. Thank you.

jimmyh is offline Floating like a Buick My Buick(s): 09 Enclave, 02 LeSabre, 2010 Camaro SS

I wonder if Chrysler is aware that rep is publicly posting copyrighted info that I am sure Chrysler does not want posted.

As said, copywrited material that's not to be distributed to the general public. Not up to the service rep to decide who gets it. I'm guessing the chrysler "rep" is doing this on the side to help people, or may just be a dealer tech. I doubt Chrysler would like that info being posted on forums by an employee.
    1997 LeSabre Limited

You are so right about the VIN. If you want to see a responsive that is ridiculous from the GM rep, look at the response give in the post "Good Bye." Person is tired of dealing with issues and non-resolution from GM and goes and buys a Ford. GM forum rep replys with "let me know when we can help you find the right vehicle in the future." Sorry.

jimmyh is offline Floating like a Buick My Buick(s): 09 Enclave, 02 LeSabre, 2010 Camaro SS

These reps are not here to be your technical support or concierge. They are here as liason between you and customer service. I am sorry if you think they should be posting service info or diagnosing your car over the Internet. That's not going to happen.
    Please help us keep BuickForums.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyh View Post
    These reps are not here to be your technical support or concierge. They are here as liason between you and customer service. I am sorry if you think they should be posting service info or diagnosing your car over the Internet. That's not going to happen.
    Well, I guess I had the wrong definition of Customer Service. I thought it was to help people, not just to provide lip service.

I see you moved my thread over to Buick Customer Care Representatives. I had no idea there was a forum named as such. After doing a little reading - almost every question posted - the majority had ZERO replies, and the few replies from the rep was unhelpful to say the least.

As for the ChryslerCares person, I am sure he/she is not releasing any confidential material. Anything Chrysler has, or GM for that matter, that is confidential, would not be released to a mere dealer. Dealer info is public.So what if the CC person is a dealer. They HELP people.

I still have my Lucerne and if I need help with anything, I will depend on the knowledgeable members here before any GM rep. If I ever have trouble with my Chrysler 300, I will bet I will get informative replies from the CC rep. I don't care where the information comes from.

But, hey, jimmyh, it is your site. Run it as you please.

Anyway, I apologize. I said my rant was over. This time it is. Will not refer to this thread again.
    Last edited by polarzak; November 15th, 2013 at 09:15 AM.

I am sorry you feel the way you do. The forum is here to share ideas and info. But there will always be folks who believe it is here to solve problems for them. The truth is the internet cannot fix your car. That is what the dealer is for. For better or worse, that is the reality. Whenever I have had problems with a dealer, and believe me, i have had some, they were all fixed by going to a different dealer.

I still maintain that Chrysler rep is overstepping his authority. Time will tell. Regardless, if Chrysler wants to share TSBs that is their choice. I can tell you GM does not. I have seen the cease and desist notices. And anyway, in my experience, bringing up a TSB to dealer service department is counter productive. They interpret that as you telling them how to do their job. Again, for better or worse, that's how it is.

I admit that GM customer service has a long way to go online. This is a whole new game for them. If they get there...again, time will tell. In the meantime, if you are having problems with your dealer, I would try another one.

And this is not my forum. It is not even sals forum. It is YOUR forum. We are simply here to make sure it doesn't blow up. But we have no more control over what customer service posts than what you do.

Red face Re: Paint Problems Since Day One of Dealer Delivery

Remove this ad
    Buick Customer Care

I took delivery of a 2013 Lacrosse on 9/20/13 and signed up for a very expensive protection package to be applied to the paint and interior. The paint was badly water spotted and scratched and I warned the dealer rep that I was "terrified" they were going to put the treatment over the spots and scratching. They got rid of the spotting but not the scratches and applied the coating anyway. At first because of the light in the bay the scratches didn't show up. Once I got the car home and lived with it for a while, mainly the sun finally came up, the scratches were apparent. I called and let them know and they agreed to take it back and work on the paint. I asked that I be allowed to look at the car before the second application of the coating. I got the call to come look at it and not only were scratches still in the paint, but now there was a haze from the buffing too. I told them it was still unacceptable and was basically forced to buff the car out myself.

I received a couple emails from the dealer's internet manager wanting sales and service reviews. I emailed back and explained the situation with the paint. He told me I should not have to be using my materials and time to do this as the dealer should have delivered me a new car with a "flawless" paint job. REALLY. He agreed to try and get me $500 from the dealer to reimburse me for my materials and time. I finished buffing the car out to perfection and delivered the car to the dealer to have the protection put back on, still not getting a confirmation on whether they were reimbursing me the $500 or not (at least ½ of what a body shop would charge).

The car was delivered to my work on a cloudy day and the sun once again never came out until the following Saturday. Wife and I were headed out for a drive, as I approached the car I was astounded, there were scratches all over it once again. I couldn’t believe what I was looking at. I immediately called the guy I had been talking with over the previous paint problems and he really didn’t know what to say. What could he say right?

Through the next week we agreed the dealer would reimburse me the $100 for materials I used and the $699 plus tax for the treatment I paid for as they “were not going to be able to make me happy”. I probably should not have agreed to this as I now will have double the original materials and time he was trying to get me into the paint and all he was giving was my money back on a treatment they could not apply without scratching the car up.

I have looked carefully at their cars and they have new cars on the showroom with scratches in the paint. Even a new black Stingray was delivered with a few scratches in the paint and another sat on the floor with scratches and fingerprints all over the doors and good. Obviously their detail shop is not qualified to take care of these cars. It is beyond my comprehension how anyone in charge of these cars can show them on the floor and deliver them like this without every customer being ticked.

Sorry for the long story, but it’s a long story.

Now…Since I agreed on and shook hands with the guy about the reimbursement I am not going to ask for anything else for me. But I think the upper management needs to know about this and want to know what you think I should do next. Talk with the Manager in charge of the detail shop, General Manager at the dealership, Buick Area Manager or what? I also wonder if I should ask what they will be doing about it?

Sorry for the long story, but it’s a long story. Thanks in advance for any input or recommendations you may have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information