Registered members do not see this advertisement! Remove it by signing up for free.
buick forums  
The Premier Community for Buick Owners and Enthusiasts

Join us! It's free!

buick forums

Past Lineup: Lucerne | Roadmaster | Regal (Old) | LeSabre | Century | Park Avenue | Riviera | Reatta | Grand National
Current Lineup: Cascada | Verano | LaCrosse | Regal | Enclave | Envision | Encore
Buick Forum: Review of 2012 Buick Lacrosse Touring Edition

Review of 2012 Buick Lacrosse Touring Edition

I bought my car new from Brickel Motors in Miami. I've had the pleasure of owning the car for over a year and 4 months already. Let me say, this car is the best car I have driven. I LOVE all the features that my car came with, from the 19 inch wheels, to the adaptive suspension system, to the Harmon Kardon 11 speaker surround system. I truly enjoy my rides to and from work because I just turn up the radio, turn on the climate control, turn on the cooling seat feature and enjoy one of the smoothest most quietest rides, its truly a pleasure. The transmission shifts as it was covered in butter, you hardly feel any shifts. The adaptive suspension absorbs every pothole, every road imperfection, road noise is virtually non existent due to the acoustic driver, passenger and windshield glass. Being 100% honest, if you turn up the radio a little bit, you virtually eliminate all the outside noise. My car came with all available options, so it has a rear dvd entertainment system. When I put my 1 and half year hold daughter in her car seat and turn on the tvs, she enjoys the ride as much as her daddy. There are air conditioned vents for the rear seats as well so the cabin gets really cool really fast on hot summer days. I live in Florida, so the summer days here are horrible. My car has the panaramic sunroof also, so in hot summer days, i press on the sunroof shade and it automatically closes, i also press the rear sunshade and it automatically closes. The car goes from being very bring and sunny inside to a cool comfortable shade. What a sense of luxury, its like having automatic blinds at home which close on a press of a button to keep the sun out and cool your home.

The car has bluetooth for the phone. A cool feature i found out was the AC when its turned on and the climate control has the fan speed set on high, when you are making or receiving a call, the system automatically lowers the AC speed to make it quiet for you to hear and place your call. What a small but highly important and luxurious touch. Also, the car reminds you that you have your blinkers on in case you forget it unsignal it after changing lanes. The car also comes equipped with a HUD which displays important information on your windshield. When you have the Navigation on, the directions, arrows and distance remaining are displayed in the HUD which is incredibly convenient and safe.

The radio also has a built in DVR feature that lets you record live radio, pause, rewind etc. I love listening to Y-100 in the morning on my way to work and sometimes they are playing a phone tap that i dont want to miss. I make stops to get my morning coffee and drop off the baby at her day care. All i do, is press pause and get off my car and when i get back into my car, i click play and the radio starts where i left it at. I dont miss a beat!! what an awesome feature.

I can keep going and going and going and going but I HAVE HAD ONLY AMAZING ENJOYMENT DRIVING MY CAR. and to think, this car is far more economical than any comparable Lexus and Mercedes.

Re: Review of 2012 Buick Lacrosse Touring Edition

As a previous of an AWD 2010 owner I agree with your assessment completely. I only wish I had the 312 HP of the 2012. I might have kept it if it had the power.

Present
    2012 Regal GS Black, Auto, GM Stage Kit, IPF Tune, 20" Insignia OPC Rims, H&R 28998-5 Lowering Springs, 1/4" wheel spacer on rear
    Past Buicks
    72 Skylark
    81 Regal Turbo
    86 Grand National
    2010 CXL AWD Lacrosse

Re: Review of 2012 Buick Lacrosse Touring Edition

Remove this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by DonRican View Post
    As a previous of an AWD 2010 owner I agree with your assessment completely. I only wish I had the 312 HP of the 2012. I might have kept it if it had the power.

Being that this was my first GM car, BUICK for that matter, and being 31 when i bought it, i would HAVE NEVER considered this car. The perception is, its a grandpa's car. Let me say my perception completely changed and it took some serious hagling from the dealer to convience me to purchase this car over a Mercedes. However, the reason why I really decided this car was right for me was it got a serious HP bump from the previous 2010-2011 model years. The engine is now a flex fuel E85 vehicle and it only requires regular gas!! The engine management system can handle all types of gas grades and it adjusts accordingly. The transmission was also updated to handle the higher HP of this new engine so it shifts smother than previous years.

Thread Information