Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

buick forums  
The Premier Community for Buick Owners and Enthusiasts

Join us! It's free!

buick forums

Past Lineup: Lucerne | Roadmaster | Regal (Old) | LeSabre | Century | Park Avenue | Riviera | Reatta | Grand National
Current Lineup: Cascada | Verano | LaCrosse | Regal | Enclave | Envision | Encore
Buick Forum: 2005 Buick Allure - POS Buick is going to be gone
    rrail is offline Full Member My Buick(s): Buick allure

2005 Buick Allure - POS Buick is going to be gone

hi new here but won,t be here for long I.m finally getting rid of that Buick POS it has been the worst car I have ever owned . it's a 2005 Buick allure 3.8 ltr I bought it in 06 with a few miles on it and was never able to drive more than a few minutes with a light in the dash coming on, or the clear coat peeling off or a loose tie rod end , it never ends . I,m a liscenced tech for 30 yrs all easy fixes but when a car in under warranty and need to drive 1hr each way to get this thing fixed not worth it and the dealer was a d---k about it . I even complained on the forum about this , but still no help, RIP Buick it will be gone shortly Ron

Re: POS Buick is going to be gone

Quote Originally Posted by rrail View Post
    hi new here but won,t be here for long I.m finally getting rid of that Buick POS it has been the worst car I have ever owned . it's a 2005 Buick allure 3.8 ltr I bought it in 06 with a few miles on it and was never able to drive more than a few minutes with a light in the dash coming on, or the clear coat peeling off or a loose tie rod end , it never ends . I,m a liscenced tech for 30 yrs all easy fixes but when a car in under warranty and need to drive 1hr each way to get this thing fixed not worth it and the dealer was a d---k about it . I even complained on the forum about this , but still no help, RIP Buick it will be gone shortly Ron
    Trying to sort through mad grammar/ punctuation errors.
    Never even heard of an allure. So Ur saying 8 years ago you bought a brand new car and its a turd, the dealership (though there are others) had terrible customer service--- despite them fixing it and the car caused more pain than pleasure? That's unfortunate, i have a 94 dodge ram & a 97 lasabre that far outlasted both new chevys i purchased in terms of repairs. I guess its part of owning a vehicle, hopefully you have better luck in the future. I do love my new regal, though.

You could bought a Toyota and had a stuck gas pedal....could always be worse.
    Cornfed//450+Whp

POS Buick is going to be gone

The Allure is a Canadian Lacrosse.

I wouldn't have bought anything GM after 1987 and before 2009. But then Ford and Chrysler weren't any better. Proof is how more Toyota's were sold than GM at one point. But a 2006 Buick is nothing like a 2010 or above Lacrosse. I know because I owned one. Most reviews said the 2010 Lacrosse was better than a Lexus ES 250. Your car is not what GM makes today.

Present
    2012 Regal GS Black, Auto, GM Stage Kit, IPF Tune, 20" Insignia OPC Rims, H&R 28998-5 Lowering Springs, 1/4" wheel spacer on rear
    Past Buicks
    72 Skylark
    81 Regal Turbo
    86 Grand National
    2010 CXL AWD Lacrosse

I was looking to replace it with an Encore , but tha's not going to happen , I have 3 chevy's in the yard and they are pretty decent , 1 Equinonox and 2 vettes , I'm looking at a terrain now . Yes you are right the Allure is Canadian

Sorry Kranz for the grammar and spelling I was sending this from my phone and my fingers are too big for the little buttons, but I figured it would be understandable to any humans. Ron

Re: 2005 Buick Allure - POS Buick is going to be gone

Remove this ad
    lool Im kinda liking the new Buicks wouldn't mind one of them Enclaves them shits are purdy.

Thread Information