Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

buick forums  
The Premier Community for Buick Owners and Enthusiasts

Join us! It's free!

buick forums

Past Lineup: Lucerne | Roadmaster | Regal (Old) | LeSabre | Century | Park Avenue | Riviera | Reatta | Grand National
Current Lineup: Cascada | Verano | LaCrosse | Regal | Enclave | Envision | Encore
Buick Forum: Reuss says Cadillac CT6-based Buick could happen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Reuss says Cadillac CT6-based Buick could happen

Filed under: Buick, Cadillac, GM, Sedan, Luxury
    The idea of a big, rear-drive Buick sedan could be revived if GM decides to hand the Cadillac CT6's Omega platform to the near-luxury brand.Continue reading Reuss says Cadillac CT6-based Buick could happen
    Reuss says Cadillac CT6-based Buick could happen originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 15 Apr 2015 11:29:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
    Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
    Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.
    Download the Cars Connected app for your iPhone or Android device today!

Buick: The New Class of World Class - Luxury As It Should Be...

Please help us keep BuickForums.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

Get your next Buick for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

ZoomZoom Diva is offline Full Member My Buick(s): 2015 Buick Regal GS "Bruce"

Re: Reuss says Cadillac CT6-based Buick could happen

If the CT6 is already short on room, can the platform be extended or otherwise altered to give the Buick the room it would need?

Also...

NEW YORK -- Now that General Motors has christened its large, rear-wheel-drive platform (code-named Omega) with the debut of the Cadillac CT6 sedan, what other cars might go onto that same foundation?

A flagship Buick is one, says GM product chief Mark Reuss. But not right now.

“Not yet,” Reuss answered when asked at the auto show here this month whether an Omega-based Buick was in the cards. “We’re working on that.”

Read more...

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom Diva View Post
    If the CT6 is already short on room, can the platform be extended or otherwise altered to give the Buick the room it would need?
    I do believe Cadillac is planning on stretching the platform for a larger "flagship" vehicle. This isn't the "flagship" anymore since they fell short of their original mark - as usual...

gmgold is offline Full Member My Buick(s): Buick Roadmaster, Lucerne

The Buick version of a large RWD sedan would be salable here and as a replacement for the Holden Statesman-based Park Avenue in China. Heck, the Pontiac G8 in three performance levels was just starting to catch on here when Pontiac got axed. Chevy decided to go with the performance-only version in its Chevy SS. The Park Avenue on the zeta platform uses the V/6 and does quite well (relatively speaking) in China, but I think that platform is done within a couple years.

Is the Pontiac G8/Chevrolet SS bigger than the LaCrosse?

ZoomZoom Diva is offline Full Member My Buick(s): 2015 Buick Regal GS "Bruce"

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano View Post
    Is the Pontiac G8/Chevrolet SS bigger than the LaCrosse?
    Off the top of my head, no. I think it is about 5" shorter (196" vs 201 or something like that, I didn't look it up). The Caprice is the stretched LWB version that would be more the LaCrosse's size. A Buick sharing the platform would spread costs and could improve parts support in the United States for the police package Caprice.

stoopid is offline Full Member My Buick(s): 2015 Regal 2.0T

Perhaps by time I'm looking for another vehicle in 4 years Buick will have a RWD performance offering (assuming relatively low gas prices/availability). Will it be in my budget or will I be forced elsewhere, that's the unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom Diva View Post
    Off the top of my head, no. I think it is about 5" shorter (196" vs 201 or something like that, I didn't look it up). The Caprice is the stretched LWB version that would be more the LaCrosse's size. A Buick sharing the platform would spread costs and could improve parts support in the United States for the police package Caprice.
    Where would it fit in the lineup?

Quote Originally Posted by stoopid View Post
    Perhaps by time I'm looking for another vehicle in 4 years Buick will have a RWD performance offering (assuming relatively low gas prices/availability). Will it be in my budget or will I be forced elsewhere, that's the unknown.
    I wonder if GM would avoid offering a RWD performance car for Buick because of Cadillac...

stoopid is offline Full Member My Buick(s): 2015 Regal 2.0T

Remove this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano View Post
    I wonder if GM would avoid offering a RWD performance car for Buick because of Cadillac...
    They might, but I'll take AWD too. I'm not picky.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information