Registered members do not see this advertisement! Remove it by signing up for free.
buick forums  
The Premier Community for Buick Owners and Enthusiasts

Join us! It's free!

buick forums

Past Lineup: Lucerne | Roadmaster | Regal (Old) | LeSabre | Century | Park Avenue | Riviera | Reatta | Grand National
Current Lineup: Cascada | Verano | LaCrosse | Regal | Enclave | Envision | Encore
Buick Forum: New to Buick, but, I can envision myself in an Envision :-)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New to Buick, but, I can envision myself in an Envision :-)

Hoping the bring the Envision to the States and not crazy expensive, it could well be my next vehicle.

Re: New to Buick, but, I can envision myself in an Envision :-)

Quote Originally Posted by cybercruiser View Post
    Hoping the bring the Envision to the States and not crazy expensive, it could well be my next vehicle.
    Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up. So you want something bigger than the Encore but smaller than the Enclave. That would be the Envision. It's built in China so that may turn some people away. However, I remember how many people wanted the Chinese built Cadillac STS-L and especially the Buick Park Avenue they've had over there. So I'm sure it would sell well regardless of where it was built...
    Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.
    Download the Cars Connected app for your iPhone or Android device today!

Buick: The New Class of World Class - Luxury As It Should Be...

Please help us keep BuickForums.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

Get your next Buick for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano View Post
    Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up. So you want something bigger than the Encore but smaller than the Enclave. That would be the Envision. It's built in China so that may turn some people away. However, I remember how many people wanted the Chinese built Cadillac STS-L and especially the Buick Park Avenue they've had over there. So I'm sure it would sell well regardless of where it was built...
    The ones that will be sold here in the states will also be made in China?? hmmmmm, that's an interesting thought. Yeah, not crazy about that, guess I assumed that American sold Envision would be made, at least, in the North Americas, maybe Mexico or Canada, but, of course, I'd prefer they be build here in Ohio. How about Lordstown?!?!?!? :-)

The ones that will be sold here in the states will also be made in China?? hmmmmm, that's an interesting thought. Yeah, not crazy about that, guess I assumed that American sold Envision would be made, at least, in the North Americas, maybe Mexico or Canada, but, of course, I'd prefer they be build here in Ohio. How about Lordstown?!?!?!? :-)
    I do believe that to be the case - that the Envision is being built in China...

mnmjackson is offline Junior Member My Buick(s): 2015 Buick Encore Leather

I will not be ready to get another vehicle for a couple years, but I (and my wife, who is the real boss!) really like the looks and size of the Envision. The Encore is nice, but really a bit too small for us and the Enclave is too big. We think the Envision will fit us perfectly. We will wait to see what happens after it is imported and after people forget that it is Chinese-made, but at this time, it looks like what we will be getting as a next car.

Mike

I will definitely look at them. There is a good story with photos of it in the latest edition of the BUICK magazine they send me. I own an Encore.

Fishface is offline Full Member My Buick(s): 2015 Buick Encore Convenience

I agree. i pi$$es me off that an American company, bailed-out by the U.S. gov. and taxpayers, has a car being built in China, then exported back to the "home" country for sale. Although it may be a nice car, and not to offend anyone, but because of this I would not even consider one.
    2015 Buick Encore Convenience
    Among many other cars, my first Buick since a 70's Skylark

Hi "Fishface"...no offence here. Just curious, your profile indicates you own a 2015 Buick Encore Convenience. Is it assembled in South Korea, or Mexico? Kinda the same concern, as assembled in China, right?

Quote Originally Posted by TxTom View Post
    Hi "Fishface"...no offence here. Just curious, your profile indicates you own a 2015 Buick Encore Convenience. Is it assembled in South Korea, or Mexico? Kinda the same concern, as assembled in China, right?
    That's a good point. I'm curious what he thinks about that as well...

Fishface is offline Full Member My Buick(s): 2015 Buick Encore Convenience

Remove this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by TxTom View Post
    The big difference is that China at best is our adversary, at worst, our enemy. That is why I object to a taxpayer bailed-out company taking the Envision's assembly away from our U.S. workers, and taken to a country that does not have our best interests at heart. Mexico and S. Korea, in contrast, although foreign, are on "our side" on the world stage.

BTW, I'm not fond of Ford bringing jobs to Mexico either, but they at least, were not bailed out by us taxpayers.

FWIW, I lease, do not own the Encore.
    Last edited by Fishface; September 27th, 2016 at 02:25 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information