Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

buick forums  
The Premier Community for Buick Owners and Enthusiasts

Join us! It's free!

buick forums

Past Lineup: Lucerne | Roadmaster | Regal (Old) | LeSabre | Century | Park Avenue | Riviera | Reatta | Grand National
Current Lineup: Cascada | Verano | LaCrosse | Regal | Enclave | Envision | Encore
Buick Forum: New to Buick, but, I can envision myself in an Envision :-)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: New to Buick, but, I can envision myself in an Envision :-)

I own a 2014 Encore Premium and the fact that it is made in Korea doesn't bother me. I love the car. I looked at the Envision and want one. My wife takes care of our money matters and said why should we pay more car payment, insurance and taxes for a vehicle you drive 3-4 hours a week. She has a good point. I love the Envision, just don't need it. Maybe someday I will. I kept my last SUV 10 years and sold it with 45,000 miles on it, so my wife is pretty much on target. The Envision is beautiful, and appears well made. The fact that it is made in China does concern me. I can't imagine why GM chose China, Korea would have been a much better choice. They certainly made the Encore well.

Fishface is offline Full Member My Buick(s): 2015 Buick Encore Convenience

"I can't imagine why GM chose China, Korea would have been a much better choice."

I'm totally in agreement, and would not buy or lease one for that reason. For others, "to each is own".
    2015 Buick Encore Convenience
    Among many other cars, my first Buick since a 70's Skylark

Remove this ad
    I have read that Buick has been building the Envision in China for that "local" market for 2 years now, and with great success over there. Producing over 100,000 units a year. Apparently the factory there has some excess capacity with the downturn in the Chinese economy, so the additional 20-30,000 North American units are viewed as incremental. That combined with no excess capacity at a suitable GM U.S./Canadian/Mexican factory, apparently is the basis for the Chinese production. Without this decision the Envision would not exist, and GM definitely needed to get into this fastest growing segment of the automobile market. Minor product changes for the North American market made this a good economic decision for GM, and it gives us a product option in the CUV/SUV segment. Someday maybe they can bring production of the Envision to a "local" factory. Then we'd all be happy with a faster customer order-to-delivery cycle, rather than the 2-4 months as it is now for the 2017 Envisions, plus the importance of employing workers in North America.
    Last edited by TxTom; October 17th, 2016 at 05:23 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information