Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

buick forums  
The Premier Community for Buick Owners and Enthusiasts

Join us! It's free!

buick forums

Past Lineup: Lucerne | Roadmaster | Regal (Old) | LeSabre | Century | Park Avenue | Riviera | Reatta | Grand National
Current Lineup: Cascada | Verano | LaCrosse | Regal | Enclave | Envision | Encore
Buick Forum: Is anybody excited about the Buick Cascada?

View Poll Results: Are you excited about the Buick Cascada?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yup

14 53.85%
  • Nope

12 46.15%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is anybody excited about the Buick Cascada?

Yes? No?

This is like the BEST picture of the Buick Cascada...

Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.
    Download the Cars Connected app for your iPhone or Android device today!

Buick: The New Class of World Class - Luxury As It Should Be...

Please help us keep BuickForums.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

Get your next Buick for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

ZoomZoom Diva is offline Full Member My Buick(s): 2015 Buick Regal GS "Bruce"

Re: Is anybody excited about the Buick Cascada?

Not really. I think they should have waited for a refresh or redesign where the interior would have been upgraded and perhaps bought more time to bring in more Buick-like styling cues.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom Diva View Post
    Not really. I think they should have waited for a refresh or redesign where the interior would have been upgraded and perhaps bought more time to bring in more Buick-like styling cues.
    Oh, this is supposed to be a Buick? Ridiculous, right?

FWMD_83 is offline Full Member My Buick(s): 1995 Roadmaster Sdn "Lula", 1989 Buick Regal (RIP)

Too much Opel, not enough Buick.
    "Men love the Buick. Truth is it reminds me of Lula, a lot of rumble, you have to muscle it around, and it's got great big headlights." ~ Stephanie Plum - Plum Spooky by Janet Evanovich

**Yawn** A Buick you say?
    For a moment there, I thought it was the new Chrysler Sebring.

I think Buick screwed up once again in doing this unwanted thing, instead of giving us the New Riviera, that was teased way too many times.
    (Yes, I know, the gull wing doors were a stupid idea. Blah,blah, blah.)

But the rest of the car was very do-able, and if it came with the V6 Hybrid, it would have been a real winner in the showroom.
    Oh well,...JAC. (Just another convertible) **Yawn**

I wondered what the marketing department was smoking all this time, in order to justify their jobs, and this is all the better they could come up with?
    Another 4 banger convertible.
    Just what the world needs.

ARCStig is offline Full Member My Buick(s): 1993 Buick Roadmaster Limited Sedan, 1997 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    Bedford, Virginia, United States of America

Looks WAY to much like an Opel...just an Opel with a Buick badge stuck on instead of an Opel badge...very disappointed.

Well there's only 5 votes so I guess the poll doesn't hold much weight but at least I'm not alone in the way I feel about this car...

Nope the solstice was enough of whatever that car is.

I'm definitely excited about the Cascada making it to the U.S. and will probably trade my Camaro Convertible in toward one. However, it definitely will not be the 1st U.S. model year in hopes that they'll fit a slightly more powerful 4 cylinder engine and offer more colors.

This car has been on the market for the past 2-3 years in Europe and elsewhere and they're being offered in a burgundy, light blue and metallic light / lime green. As of now, there will only be 4 -5 colors offered in the U.S. for the 1st MY. That MUST change! Other GM offers as many as 12(!) colors on some models such as the 2016 Camaro, Impala, et al.
    2008 AURA XR
    Ocean Mist
    Black Leather
    Sunroof
    Fully Loaded!
    Built: 07/19/07

2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
    Summit White
    Black Leather
    4 Pedals
    Built: 06/28/11

Remove this ad
    I have mixed emotions.

For those of us who regularly buy convertibles, this will be the most reasonable priced one on the market with comparable equipment, a somewhat usable back seat, a usable trunk and front wheel drive. Front wheel drive is important for those of us in northern climates who will not consider rear wheel drive because of difficulty driving during the winter. 4 wheel drive is a potential solution to that but it adds to cost and complexity. Those are all positives.

There are some negatives, though. There are a couple of things not included or even available on the Premium model that I do not like. The first is lack of a blind spot monitor being standard or at least available on any of the trim levels. We have it on one of our two cars and view it as one of the all-time best safety enhancements available based on normal day to day driving. I really did not want to consider another car without that feature.

Another is lack of push button start with true hands free entry without having to fish the fob out of the pocket. Preproduction pictures show a conventional key and there is mention of folding key. While the pictures are pre-production the copy on the Buick web site would be more current and would say if that was one of the features. This is one of many things you can get spoiled by on other cars that causes you to want it on a new one. That is particularly the case on this during the winter in northern climates.

Then there is the center of the dash.

buttons.jpg

It looks like a total of 38 buttons and 4 knobs. That has to set a new record and that is not a good record to set. Most manufacturers have moved to only the most frequently used functions to have buttons. It is handy to have some functions controlled by buttons, but when there are so many it becomes difficult to find the right one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information