Registered members do not see this advertisement! Remove it by signing up for free.
buick forums  
The Premier Community for Buick Owners and Enthusiasts

Join us! It's free!

buick forums

Past Lineup: Lucerne | Roadmaster | Regal (Old) | LeSabre | Century | Park Avenue | Riviera | Reatta | Grand National
Current Lineup: Cascada | Verano | LaCrosse | Regal | Enclave | Envision | Encore
Buick Forum: Buick Avista Concept
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Royal Palm Beach, Florida, United States
    Age
    45
    Posts
    3,386
    Rep Power
    10

    Buick Avista Concept

    Sign up to remove this ad
    Buick revealed the Avista concept - a 2+2 coupe that pushes the brand's contemporary design ethos and rekindles its historic performance roots - at the 2016 North American International Auto Show.

    A sleek, sweeping proportion is the foundation for this vision of a contemporary grand tourer, with a 400-horsepower twin-turbocharged V-6 driving the rear wheels and a driver-focused cockpit offering a comfortable, connected center of control.

    "The Avista embodies the dynamic soul of Buick," said Duncan Aldred, vice president of Global Buick Sales, Service and Marketing. "It is a modern expression of the brand's heritage of sophisticated performance, communicated with beautiful elegance."

    The Avista's uninterrupted body lines stretch front to rear, suggesting motion - resembling Buick's design language introduced on the Avenir concept and carried into production on the 2017 LaCrosse. The absence of conventional B-pillars between the doors and rear side windows enhances the flowing profile.

    "There is elegant simplicity in the Avista's surfaces, which speak to the purity of the car's performance, and a timeless beauty that's a hallmark of Buick design," said Bryan Nesbitt, executive director Global Buick Design. "It was designed to capture the spirit of the perfect drive."

    Marking the front and rear, Buick evolves its signature wing-shaped lighting with "soft curtain" elements that create illuminated "halos" around lamps' edges, suggesting a three-dimensional shape and sculpture. Their design forecasts the evolution of Buick's production lighting features, while the Avista's grille features the brand's new winged tri-shield insignia set against a three-dimensional mesh background.

    Additional exterior features include:
    - A 110.7-inch (2,811 mm) wheelbase and 63-inch (1,601 mm) front/62.9-inch (1,598 mm) rear tracks for sporty proportions and an aggressive stance
    - Twenty-inch aluminum wheels with color-toned accents match the car's Dark Sapphire Jewel exterior
    - Front fender vents with chrome accents evolve Buick's signature fender ports.
    - Performance-oriented, modern cockpit

    Like the exterior, the Avista's 2+2 interior is defined by flowing, uninterrupted lines conveying elegance through simplicity - with intense technical and surfaces details, in everything from 3D-printed door and seat trim to a future vision of Buick's IntelliLink, with touchscreen controls on a widescreen instrument panel display.

    The center console also incorporates touchscreen controls and extends to the rear seating area. Open side storage compartments built into the front of the console are enabled by the new Electronic Precision Shift, similar to the 2017 LaCrosse.

    A Superior Blue foundation color echoes the exterior and is complemented with Mist Gray leather seating inserts, console trim and door trim. Exposed carbon fiber and aluminum accents throughout reinforce the precision of the performance-oriented driving experience. The fading pattern on the seats, console and doors were inspired by waves receding at a beach's edge.

    "Waves, whether from the sea or in the sand, are all about motion and flow," said Nesbitt. "That's exactly what this concept is all about - flowing design and the purity of the driving experience."

    Buick designers enhanced the passengers' sensory experiences with next-generation QuietTuning and air-quality control, including advanced noise cancellation technology, ionic air purifiers and aromatherapy.

    The Avista also advances Buick's legacy of turbocharged performance, which carries forward in the 2016 Regal GS and other models. Similar to the 2017 LaCrosse, the concept twin-turbocharged 3.0L V-6 features fuel-saving Active Fuel Management (cylinder deactivation) and Stop/Start technology to complement its power with efficiency. The engine is backed by an eight-speed automatic transmission and Magnetic Ride Control delivers more precise body motion control.




    See more pictures of the Buick Avista Concept HERE.
    Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.
    Download the Cars Connected app for your iPhone or Android device today!



    Buick: The New Class of World Class - Luxury As It Should Be...

    Please help us keep BuickForums.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

    Get your next Buick for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Royal Palm Beach, Florida, United States
    Age
    45
    Posts
    3,386
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Buick Avista Concept

    Just a little news... In order to prevent the Buick Avista from competing too closely with the Chevy Camaro and Cadillac ATS - it will likely be offered as a four-door coupe - if and when it goes into production. Would you buy an Avista four door coupe?

  3. #3
    ZoomZoom Diva is offline Full Member My Buick(s): 2015 Buick Regal GS "Bruce"
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Apple Valley, MN
    Age
    42
    Posts
    645
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Buick Avista Concept

    If it offers a manual transmission, I would prefer a 4-door with coupe-like styling over the inconveniences of a 2-door. I consider the term "4-door coupe" to be a contradiction of terms.

    However, the 2-door would be a magnificent Riviera. Don't call it a Riviera with extra doors.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Royal Palm Beach, Florida, United States
    Age
    45
    Posts
    3,386
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Buick Avista Concept

    Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom Diva View Post
    If it offers a manual transmission, I would prefer a 4-door with coupe-like styling over the inconveniences of a 2-door. I consider the term "4-door coupe" to be a contradiction of terms.

    However, the 2-door would be a magnificent Riviera. Don't call it a Riviera with extra doors.
    I think most Buick enthusiasts will agree with you but I find it a shame to lose the Riviera name forever because coupes don't sell well anymore...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Buick Avista Concept

    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano View Post
    Just a little news... In order to prevent the Buick Avista from competing too closely with the Chevy Camaro and Cadillac ATS - it will likely be offered as a four-door coupe - if and when it goes into production. Would you buy an Avista four door coupe?
    I have to STRONGLY disagree with this thinking. Does the Camaro compete with the Cadillac? The two door Avista, which should probably be called the Riviera if it comes out, will be strong competition with the Aston Martin DB9, the Jaguar F type, the Mercedes SL series, and the like. It looks that good. People who dream about those expensive cars would be thrilled with a two door Avista. That is if GM doesn't go stupid and have too high a price, or Buick dealers don't get stupid and greedy and jack the price up over the MSRP.
    The four door would be a brilliant alternative to cars like the Aston Martin Rapide. Both models should be built.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Royal Palm Beach, Florida, United States
    Age
    45
    Posts
    3,386
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Buick Avista Concept

    Great first post! Welcome! It appears people are actually cross-shopping the Chevy Camaro with the Cadillac ATS. And why not? People are actually cross-shopping the Camaro SS with the M4! Times are changing. Yes, I agree with the "Riviera" name for the Avista concept going into production. That would be awesome. And it sounds a little odd at first - but a car as nice as this could compete (not on price, of course) for a similar market with cars like the Aston Martin DB9 and the rest you listed. I doubt most of those buyers want a Buick but those who aren't as attracted to badges would certainly be happy saving a ton of money on a car as good looking as the Avista concept...

    Quote Originally Posted by ITguy54 View Post
    I have to STRONGLY disagree with this thinking. Does the Camaro compete with the Cadillac? The two door Avista, which should probably be called the Riviera if it comes out, will be strong competition with the Aston Martin DB9, the Jaguar F type, the Mercedes SL series, and the like. It looks that good. People who dream about those expensive cars would be thrilled with a two door Avista. That is if GM doesn't go stupid and have too high a price, or Buick dealers don't get stupid and greedy and jack the price up over the MSRP.
    The four door would be a brilliant alternative to cars like the Aston Martin Rapide. Both models should be built.

  7. #7
    mnmjackson is offline Junior Member My Buick(s): 2015 Buick Encore Leather
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Colchester, IL
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Buick Avista Concept

    Beautiful car! I would certainly consider the four door instead of an ATS. It has style!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Buick Avista Concept

    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano View Post
    Great first post! Welcome! It appears people are actually cross-shopping the Chevy Camaro with the Cadillac ATS. And why not? People are actually cross-shopping the Camaro SS with the M4! Times are changing. Yes, I agree with the "Riviera" name for the Avista concept going into production. That would be awesome. And it sounds a little odd at first - but a car as nice as this could compete (not on price, of course) for a similar market with cars like the Aston Martin DB9 and the rest you listed. I doubt most of those buyers want a Buick but those who aren't as attracted to badges would certainly be happy saving a ton of money on a car as good looking as the Avista concept...
    Thanks. I forgot to say there should be a convertible in its second year. How many car makers who have a model, that became a classic, realized it at first? The Avista could become a classic like the Datsun 240Z. It was a great value in sports car performance for its time. I hope GM and Buick realizes what they have here. Actually I think the Avista would be very competitive in price with the other cars. That's my point. I would love to have a DB9, but I would probably never be able to afford it. But if I could buy a convertible Avista in that awesome blue color, I would never think about a DB9 ever again.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Royal Palm Beach, Florida, United States
    Age
    45
    Posts
    3,386
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Buick Avista Concept

    Quote Originally Posted by ITguy54 View Post
    Thanks. I forgot to say there should be a convertible in its second year. How many car makers who have a model, that became a classic, realized it at first? The Avista could become a classic like the Datsun 240Z. It was a great value in sports car performance for its time. I hope GM and Buick realizes what they have here. Actually I think the Avista would be very competitive in price with the other cars. That's my point. I would love to have a DB9, but I would probably never be able to afford it. But if I could buy a convertible Avista in that awesome blue color, I would never think about a DB9 ever again.
    I think a convertible would work very nicely for the Avista. These latest Buick concepts are too good to never make it to production. The Avenir came to us in, basically, a grille. That's all we got from the Avenir. Hopefully we get more as time goes on and the same goes for the Avista. I really wonder what Buick would be able to charge for the Avista.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Buick Avista Concept

    Remove this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano View Post
    I think a convertible would work very nicely for the Avista. These latest Buick concepts are too good to never make it to production. The Avenir came to us in, basically, a grille. That's all we got from the Avenir. Hopefully we get more as time goes on and the same goes for the Avista. I really wonder what Buick would be able to charge for the Avista.
    A little more than a Camaro, but much less than a Cadillac.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

MADISON ROSS MEDIA GROUP MARKETPLACE
Need products for your Buick? Check out your options at the links below:


Genesis Motors