Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

buick forums  
The Premier Community for Buick Owners and Enthusiasts

Join us! It's free!

buick forums

Past Lineup: Lucerne | Roadmaster | Regal (Old) | LeSabre | Century | Park Avenue | Riviera | Reatta | Grand National
Current Lineup: Cascada | Verano | LaCrosse | Regal | Enclave | Envision | Encore
Buick Forum: Air conditioner blows a fuse after running for 10 minutes? (67 Skylark)

Air conditioner blows a fuse after running for 10 minutes? (67 Skylark)

I'm wondering what could be the cause. It blows a fuse even when I unplug the compressor. It basically blows a fuse every time I turn the fan motor on with the compressor unplugged. I think the fan motor is good and I checked a lot of the basic stuff I believe. I have a 67 Skylark. Thanks.

Re: Air conditioner blows a fuse after running for 10 minutes? (67 Skylark)

Remove this ad
    My recollection (I had a 68 Skylark back in the day and worked at Buick Motor Div) was that the fuse blowing was the indication that the system was low on Freon. If you disconnected the compressor the sensor is likely still detecting low pressures. You likely need to get an old refrigerant gauge and put it on the system and see if it is within spec.

Thread Information