Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

buick forums  
The Premier Community for Buick Owners and Enthusiasts

Join us! It's free!

buick forums

Past Lineup: Lucerne | Roadmaster | Regal (Old) | LeSabre | Century | Park Avenue | Riviera | Reatta | Grand National
Current Lineup: Cascada | Verano | LaCrosse | Regal | Enclave | Envision | Encore
Buick Forum: Envision nav system
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Envision nav system

Bojanglespa,

Both Richard Breeze and I have had this TSB applied at our dealers, took about 1 hour, and both can report the lighting was totally fixed...with no other impact, but I recall one or two user settings needed to be reset. Easy to do. Make certain you refer the service writer to the referenced TSB noted above. You will be truly impressed with how the dash lights adjust to the different outside lighting situations. Let us know how it goes...

All the best, Tom

My appt. Is tomorrow and I will let you know how it works out. Also told there is a recall on the front wheel speed sensors and that is being done at same time.

can you tell me where i can get a copy of this tsb? it is not on buick's site. thank you

My dealer had to do some digging to find it. I gave him the bulletin number and he had to search to find it afternoon left the dealership.

It's TSB 16-NA-357. My dealer found it without an issue and applied it to my Envision in less than an hour.

This is not a convenience issue. It is a safety issue. I picked up my 2017 Envision on Dec 21 and do not understand why I have to take it back to a dealer to have this problem fixed. I picked the car up in Illinois and left for Florida a week later. Not having access to both the nav screen and the instrument panel during daylight while traveling cross country is extremely irritating at best and dangerous at worst. I am going thru Atlanta in late after noon depending on the system to take me thru heavy traffic and suddenly I cannot see anything on the screen. Diverting my full attention to a black screen at a time when I need to have my full attention on traffic is not safe. To complicate the situation I have the voice for navigation turned off as it interrupts the radio. No new Envision should leave the dealership without this fixed.

Agree...but unfortunately the fix was not determined until Oct 24th or thereabouts, so cars built before were not included with this update. I lived with it from Aug 16th until November. Had to tell my dealer about it. Found out about it from a Buick Marketing Manager. Told the dealer they should automatically apply the TSB to the cars on the lot, '16s and '17s, and until the '17s started coming in with the update.

I called a dealer in Florida today as I am here for several months. They seemed to be aware of the issue. I scheduled an appointment for Wednesday. They said it should take an hour to download the new software. 2 hours worst case. I will update after the appointment.

I have been having the same problem, not only with the NAV systemt but with the whole instrument panel lighting - I am hoping there is a way to control this - so far haven't had any luck with dealer or Buick regional folks. Hoping some answer comes on this forum.

Remove this ad
    norm13, please refer to posts #8 and #15 in this thread above for the info to give to your dealer...TSB 16-NA-357. The application of this update will fix the problem.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information