Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

buick forums  
The Premier Community for Buick Owners and Enthusiasts

Join us! It's free!

buick forums

Past Lineup: Lucerne | Roadmaster | Regal (Old) | LeSabre | Century | Park Avenue | Riviera | Reatta | Grand National
Current Lineup: Cascada | Verano | LaCrosse | Regal | Enclave | Envision | Encore
Buick Forum: Envision nav system
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Envision nav system

Quote Originally Posted by TxTom View Post
    norm13, please refer to posts #8 and #15 in this thread above for the info to give to your dealer...TSB 16-NA-357. The application of this update will fix the problem.
    I went to the dealer. Was told they applied the "latest software" but the problem did not go away. Guess I need to specifically ask for this bulletin. Will try again.

It makes no sense to me that you cannot disable this, I can easily on my 2014 Premium Encore.

Did they give you paperwork? If so see if the TSB is referenced on it. If no paperwork, then they need to prove the TSN was applied...they can look up your VIN and display that action. I'm very surprised it did not solve the problem. My '16 and my friend Richard's '16 Premium II both now work perfectly. Is the setting in the NAV system set to "auto" for the light adjustment or "day" or "night"? Have mine set to "auto."

Took my car in yesterday - they applied the update from the service bulletin - so far so good - huge improvement

Thanks to all members on this forum for so wonderfully framing the problem. I am 70 years old and have bought one American car since 1972- and that was disaster. Most of my cars since 1980, have all been high end cars, Audi, Lexus, Infiniti and Acura, with as much technology as was available at that time. I've never seen a car have this type of LED screen (infotainment) screen issue. In my car, it doesn't switch from day to night, it just goes to about 5-10% of normal brightness, at compleelty random times, which makes is dangerous and useless. I would hope that GM just doesn't give us lip service. I will also send a detailed PM to Amanda K. at [email protected] Last week I was in NYC in an unfamiliar situation and if it weren't for my wife using Google Maps on her phone, I might still be lost. I paid way too much for this car if this doesn't work.

I tried to add my comments to this important thread, but they disappeared when I clicked on "Post Quick Reply". My issue since I bought the Premium II (2016) is that the NAV screen can go to 5-10% of normal daytime brightness in the middle of a perfectly, bright, blue sky day. That happened to me in NYC last weekend and had my wife not been in the car, using Google Maps, I might still be lost. This is clearly a safety hazard that can result in loss of life or a significant accident. I will call my dealer and try to convince them that the service bulletin 16-NA-357, might repair the issue. I always fear electronic malfunction because they are not as easily tracked in for resolution. A broken axle is pretty easy. I too, will email Amanda K at GM customer service.

Thanks for everybody helping me out. Of course the local dealer said they never experienced this before. Ha!!

I have been searching for a link to Service Bulletin - 16-NA-357, issues 10/24/16, as mentioned above, to no avail. Does anyone have an internet link so that I can download the info for my dealer. I hate giving him info about a service bulletin that he then tells me he can't find. Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Buick Customer Service View Post
    Hello SirRichard,

Iím sorry to hear about your Envisionís Navigation system and understand how frustrating this can be, especially so new into your vehicle ownership. Please feel free to send us a private message including your VIN and contact information, so we can look into this concern. I'm looking forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,

Anthony J.
    Buick Customer Care
    Anthony,

I purchased a new Envision 01/16/17 vin # LRBFXFSX2HD062876 and my email is [email protected] ... I have the exact same problem and took it to the dealer for service and nothing was done to improve the situation. was told that was the way the car was designed. I also have a major problem at night in pitch black backing out of my garage. I replaced a 2013 Cadillac SRX and had no problem backing up at night or viewing the screen at dusk and dawn. I don't know if my dealer does not know about 16-NA-357 I will be visiting them on 02/28/17 I have been waiting over a week for a replacement side sensor module to fix intermittent troubles with blind spot monitoring. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. William Tokarsky

Quote Originally Posted by RBreeze View Post
    That's great news! Thanks for posting this, Tom.
    I've made an appointment with my local GM dealer to have the reprogramming carried out, on Nov. 7th. I'm glad there's finally a fix for this - the improperly controlled day/night auto-dimming LCD panels have been a real bother in my '16 Envision. This has definitely been the #1 issue with my Envision.
    /rb
    I have a 2017 Envision for 2 weeks. My Lexus lease ended and since I do not like the "look" of the new Lexus, I sure wish I got it!. Buick has alot to learn! I have the same screen lighting issue. I will bring this new software update to my dealer and request this to be done. Thanks!!!!

Bigdog48 is offline Buick Newbie My Buick(s): Buick Envision

Remove this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Wt2ga View Post
    Anthony,

I purchased a new Envision 01/16/17 vin # LRBFXFSX2HD062876 and my email is [email protected] ... I have the exact same problem and took it to the dealer for service and nothing was done to improve the situation. was told that was the way the car was designed. I also have a major problem at night in pitch black backing out of my garage. I replaced a 2013 Cadillac SRX and had no problem backing up at night or viewing the screen at dusk and dawn. I don't know if my dealer does not know about 16-NA-357 I will be visiting them on 02/28/17 I have been waiting over a week for a replacement side sensor module to fix intermittent troubles with blind spot monitoring. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. William Tokarsky
    Mentioned in another post, but I just went, and although gthey seemed not to beleieve me, once I gave them the TSB #, they applied a software update within an hour. Here's a shot of my service ticket (click on it to enlarge):
    Screen Shot 2017-03-09 at 12.05.32 PM.jpg

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information