Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

buick forums  
The Premier Community for Buick Owners and Enthusiasts

Join us! It's free!

buick forums

Past Lineup: Lucerne | Roadmaster | Regal (Old) | LeSabre | Century | Park Avenue | Riviera | Reatta | Grand National
Current Lineup: Cascada | Verano | LaCrosse | Regal | Enclave | Envision | Encore
Buick Forum: Envision nav system
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    SirRichard is offline Buick Newbie My Buick(s): Buick Envision

Envision nav system

My nav system changes to night mode while the sun is still shining and I haven't been able to find the solution. Anyone else having this problem?

Re: Envision nav system

Hello SirRichard,

Iím sorry to hear about your Envisionís Navigation system and understand how frustrating this can be, especially so new into your vehicle ownership. Please feel free to send us a private message including your VIN and contact information, so we can look into this concern. I'm looking forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,

Anthony J.
    Buick Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by SirRichard View Post
    My nav system changes to night mode while the sun is still shining and I haven't been able to find the solution. Anyone else having this problem?

Anthony J.,

Every 2016 Buick Envision has this issue. And it is not fixed with the 2017s I recently viewed at my dealer. Your Buick Marketing Manager Rob Peterson (email: [email protected]) is aware of this problem and has told me by email that the Technology Group has identified this as an "opportunity" for improvement. But I haven't received an update on that in a couple of months. I have a 2016 Envision II with ACC, and a friend in Canada also has one...we both have this annoying issue. No driver settings correct this problem.

Any update you can provide would be greatly appreciated. If an improvement is identified, will it be available to those of us that have Envisions, or just newly produced units? Will a TSB be issued?

Many thanks, Tom

RBreeze is offline Buick Newbie My Buick(s): 2016 Buick Envision Premium II

Quote Originally Posted by TxTom View Post
    Anthony J.,

Every 2016 Buick Envision has this issue. And it is not fixed with the 2017s I recently viewed at my dealer. Your Buick Marketing Manager Rob Peterson (email: [email protected]) is aware of this problem and has told me by email that the Technology Group has identified this as an "opportunity" for improvement. But I haven't received an update on that in a couple of months. I have a 2016 Envision II with ACC, and a friend in Canada also has one...we both have this annoying issue. No driver settings correct this problem.

Any update you can provide would be greatly appreciated. If an improvement is identified, will it be available to those of us that have Envisions, or just newly produced units? Will a TSB be issued?

Many thanks, Tom
    TxTom, thanks. Newbie here in this forum. I'm the friend in Canada that TxTom speaks of, and I can confirm that I am, in fact, experiencing this annoying day/night IP (instrument panel) and and Nav screen back-lighting issue on my '16 Envision Premium II. To be clear this issue not only impacts IP and "Nav system" screen back-lighting - it equally affects screen brightness/viewability in all Infotainment system modes (i.e. Navigation mode, Audio mode & Phone mode).

Last week I backed out of my garage in early morning to go to the doctor's office (it was well after dawn). It was bright enough outside to drive safely and legally without the headlights being on. However for my entire 15 minute drive the automatic lighting control system in my Envision had the headlights ON and my IP gauges/D.I.C. screen and Infotainment screen were auto-dimmed to "Night" mode. Given the amount of ambient light coming into the vehicle I could hardly read/see anything on the auto-dimmed D.I.C. and Infotainment screens. Not good at all.

This is a genuine problem on evidently every Envision in North America, and I certainly hope "Buick" is listening to us. This issue goes beyond an "opportunity for improvement". I consider this to be a significant operational problem with the vehicle. It could probably be deemed a safety issue for customers as well, when you really think about it. And I'm concerned that GM's track record regarding certain safety issues isn't great, to say the least.

I encourage "Anthony J" and his colleagues in Buick Customer Care to help push this issue within Buick and determine where things stand right now with regard to a resolution for the problem. Anthony J, please provide us real support on this, not merely lip service as I have seen GM Customer Care reps do in other forums.
    It seems to me this entire issue (i.e. the control of Day/Night lighting mode and improper levels of back-lighting for IP and Infotainment screens) could simply be resolved with revised software.

I never experienced such an issue with my previous car (2011 Cadillac CTS Premium). I guess I should have bought another Cadillac (or perhaps an Audi or a BMW - which I am currently looking at for my next vehicle). This day/night lighting mode control issue should never be present on a new vehicle in this day & age... particularly on a vehicle that is supposedly well-designed, well-engineered and sufficiently tested & qualified prior to market introduction.

/rb

I have a 2016 Premium 1 and had this issue occur for the first time last week about 1hour prior to sunset. The nav screen and the instrument cluster both dimmed to where it was near impossible to see he screen display and dash cluster. It first dimmed for about 30seconds then lit back up then dimmed again and never did brighten back up. I was using the nav system at the time and had to rely on the voice prompts for remainder and had to really look at cluster to get my speed traveling. This was a huge inconvenience and I hope I do not experience it again.

TxTom, RBreeze, and Bojanglespa,

First of all, I want to take a moment to say that we truly appreciate the members here that have taken the time to reach out and provide feedback on the new 2016 Buick Envision. After consulting with an internal resource, I was able to confirm that this light sensor change is a normal characteristic of the vehicle. At this time, what our team would love to do is formally document your sentiments regarding this feature. If that is of interest, please send our team a private message and include your VIN, mileage, full name, contact information, and dealership name. I am also available by e-mail at [email protected] if you could please include ATTN: Amanda K. in the subject line. I have notified my internal team of this thread, but formally documenting your feedback with your information would bring the concern to the attention of multiple other departments as well. We hope to hear from you!

Best,

Amanda K.
    Buick Customer Care

^ Amanda, RE your Oct. 26th post above, thank you for taking the time to reply. After almost 2 weeks since my Oct. 12th post (ref. post #4), I/we were beginning to think we wouldn't be hearing back from any of you in Buick Customer Care. By the way Amanda K.. don't you also post in the Cadillac Forums as a Cadillac Customer Care agent? I seem to recall seeing your name there.
    Regarding the lighting issue.. with all due respect, the internal resource you consulted with doesn't know what he/she is talking about on this particular issue. The manner in which the automatic interior day/night instrument back-lighting modes are controlled/made to operate in our Envisions is far from being "normal". It is absolutely abnormal - simply put.. it doesn't work properly. For you to state here that this a "normal characteristic of the vehicle" is seen by us as either being dismissive, OR.. you and your colleagues are simply not understanding the issue as has been described here.
    Between TxTom and myself, we have collectively owned about 100 vehicles in our lifetimes - many of them GM cars - so we know a thing or two about how systems in cars should operate.

I will send you a PM with some detail per your invitation to do so, but note from the outset I don't want this to become a customer care lip service extravaganza where in the end you tell me to go to my dealer to have them "troubleshoot" the problem and report their findings to Buick/GM.
    By the way... has your Customer Care team bothered to contact Buick Engineering staff as yet to determine whether this issue is currently being looked at/worked on? TxTom's past contact (email exchange) with a Buick Marketing managment individual advised that this issue is known to Buick Engineering and that a resolution is forthcoming.

Note that you and your Customer Care colleagues should feel free to PM me any time on this issue, should you care to do so.

/rb

BREAKING NEWS...on 10/24/16 a service bulletin 16-NA-357 was issued pertaining to software reprogramming/calibration of the BCM (body control module) for '16/'17 Buick Envisions. I had my '16 Envision updated today, took less than an hour, and the NAV/Instruments/Camera seem normal as one goes from light to dark, and dark to light surroundings. So far have only tested this in/out of the garage on a sunny day, so will need to see how the lighting adjusts during dawn and dusk situations. But what a vast improvement!

Quote Originally Posted by TxTom View Post
    BREAKING NEWS...on 10/24/16 a service bulletin 16-NA-357 was issued pertaining to software reprogramming/calibration of the BCM (body control module) for '16/'17 Buick Envisions. I had my '16 Envision updated today, took less than an hour, and the NAV/Instruments/Camera seem normal as one goes from light to dark, and dark to light surroundings. So far have only tested this in/out of the garage on a sunny day, so will need to see how the lighting adjusts during dawn and dusk situations. But what a vast improvement!
    That's great news! Thanks for posting this, Tom.
    I've made an appointment with my local GM dealer to have the reprogramming carried out, on Nov. 7th. I'm glad there's finally a fix for this - the improperly controlled day/night auto-dimming LCD panels have been a real bother in my '16 Envision. This has definitely been the #1 issue with my Envision.
    /rb
    Last edited by RBreeze; November 3rd, 2016 at 10:11 AM.

Remove this ad
    Also just made an Appt. to have this looked at on my Envision. Curious TxTom if it has resolved the problem with no more issues?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information