Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

buick forums  
The Premier Community for Buick Owners and Enthusiasts

Join us! It's free!

buick forums

Past Lineup: Lucerne | Roadmaster | Regal (Old) | LeSabre | Century | Park Avenue | Riviera | Reatta | Grand National
Current Lineup: Cascada | Verano | LaCrosse | Regal | Enclave | Envision | Encore
Buick Forum: 92 roadmaster Center link replace

92 roadmaster Center link replace

so didnt get alignment done aa the center link was worn.

new Moog ordered and will learn that next. Are there more than one seperator tool needed or can you use a tie rod end puller for all that has to come apart. Menonas if you re reading this any tips offered welcome

thanks

Re: 92 roadmaster Center link replace

I am reading.. Head over to the impalaSS forums. I just posted a thread about my front end rebuild.y There is some valuable info in there on what tools are need for each job.

Here: http://www.impalassforum.com/vBullet...completed.html

Go to autozone and rent a couple different removers as you will need them to get the different end detached and all that. Its a very easy replacement.
    1994 RMSB - Purchased 6/15 171K
    Sat for 5 years after being hit on driver side by deer. Broke windshield, driver door window, mirror and headlight.
    Also destroyed quarter panel and rear door (still works!).
    All Options but tow pkg.
    Upgrades: Home Depot COOL (soon to be COLD) air intake, AIR delete, 20/5 Tint, TB bypass, Improved cooling system (done by me), Kenwood BT Radio

thanks for posting that, I guess for order for the center link you take the two inner tie rod ends off first then either the end link or steering box next does one pulller do it all., or one for the end of the pitman different see a few styles of them. Got to clear a space in the garage and get some heat too cold her to work outside.

Pop the inner tie rods off. Then do the idler arm and pitman arm joints.

Pitman arm you will need a claw press from autozone.

For safety measures rent these tools from autozone:
    http://www.autozone.com/test-scan-an...?checkfit=true
    http://www.autozone.com/test-scan-an...estid=13872389
    http://www.autozone.com/test-scan-an...?checkfit=true
    http://www.autozone.com/loan-a-tools...?checkfit=true

Be sure to not damage the dust boots. I used a ACDelco center link. But if I could do it all again, I would have used Proforgeds kit. Here is their million mile gauranteed center link: https://www.amazon.com/Proforged-106.../dp/B008VQQWFC

A few people have tried this kit and love it. Not that its probably much better than ACDelco or MOOG though to be completely honest.

be hard to judge any of this stuff. Im not impressed with buying delco parts the last time and see China on them, I just got used to Mexico then yours one of them said Taiwan. The Moog stuff at least its US made and a number of mechanics with lots of years history have told me they use that stuff. Performance friends Hotchkis and others.

thanks on the tools I borrowed a few and will just have to see, for reassmbly I saw one guy say you have to put the inner tie rod ends on first or you wont be able to not sure what that meant but will see, decided to ordre new inners and should have first time round and the sleeves as well return these delco ones.

MOOG IS NOT American. At least not anymore. Most of it seems to be taiwan and china and korea. Some of it is made in Europe. There is very little MOOG actually made in the US. My center link was US.. ACDelco number 45B1098.

If you want quality, get the proforged center link.

got the moog already the original Delco did well over 200,000 miles and I was on vacation from greasing for a while cause I hated the grease gun I had got a new one do it all the time. Ill check with the techs n where its made he said they make stuff for Delco so ill see where this stuff is made. Did look it up and 16 different companies now. Germany England Canada etc no problem with that. What was interesting there was one You tube think one of the part suppliers and he said 45 billion of counterfeit parts come from China
    Last edited by Sawdust; January 9th, 2017 at 01:29 AM.

My sway bar end links were MOOG, but I paid for ACDelco. It appears to be those kinds of little parts that they buy from moog and put their name on.

There could very well be a different spec of bolt/nut/washers/spacer. I know my ACDelco sway bar end link nut was a crimp nut. If I had the time to wager a guess, I would say the MOOG nut would be nyloc. And I hate nyloc because they dont frikin work after being on a bolt for so long. Its little crap like that that makes the difference to me.

MOOG has an article out about them admitting to the different countries that things are made in, and thats fine. I just dont want to guess which continent my part may come from. Because I can guarantee MOOG is not able to keep QC as well on their parts. Thats why I trust ACDelco. I know they have strict standards and arent going to sub anything out that might cause them harm as a company.

PROFORGED makes their center link right here in the good ole US of A though!

Buy what you buy, but keep in mind, ALL these companies are here to make money. Not put smiles on faces.

Remove this ad
    I get that had no issues with moog and the end link moog kit is not nyloc at least not mine they are crimped nuts nylock makes no sense. If i look at mine the lower control arm holes are mushed as well so once the blue not polly better than rubber bushing starts to fail and it will quicker in a mushed hole then the metal will slap around even more. Moog guy told me they make delta parts. The Tie Rod end sleeves for me where the wake up call the box says delco the part s says made in China. Even if I asked the supplier they would not know where the part was made thanks for mentioning on the center link you made me aware and as i mention it to mechanics that do this full time they are not aware my friends that are preformance guys they dont care as they are not buying standard parts anyway they just say go to Hotchkiss or or they dont even bother with the stock type stuff.

Thread Information