Registered members do not see this advertisement! Remove it by signing up for free.
buick forums  
The Premier Community for Buick Owners and Enthusiasts

Join us! It's free!

buick forums

Past Lineup: Lucerne | Roadmaster | Regal (Old) | LeSabre | Century | Park Avenue | Riviera | Reatta | Grand National
Current Lineup: Cascada | Verano | LaCrosse | Regal | Enclave | Envision | Encore
Buick Forum: Heat is warm - NOT HOT
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Heat is warm - NOT HOT

Quote Originally Posted by douger View Post
    I had to blow out my heater core several times until I had a proper coolant flush done. With the engine warmed up, both hoses should be hot. If one is not, the core is clogged. Sometimes you can blow out the blockage. Take care, because you can damage the core and replacing it is not a pleasant job.

If both hoses are hot, then you need to look at the temperature door actuators. In a dual zone system there is one for the drivers side and one for the passenger side.
    Both hoses are warm. Where do i find the actuators?

Quote Originally Posted by Variation View Post
    Both hoses are warm. Where do i find the actuators?
    They're "warm?" With the engine at normal operating temperature, they should be 195 degrees hot.

nbennett is offline Full Member My Buick(s): 2006, 2016 Lacrosse

I am having bad luck with aftermarket thermostats. My 2006 Lacrosse has had 3 or 4 in the last 2 years. They don't seem to close properly.

Remove this ad
    On a previous Buick of mine about four years ago I had the thermostat replaced, and it was good. Then within 5000 miles, it seemed as though the replacement wasn't opening and closing quite right. Finally it seemed like it was stuck in a halfway position. I took it to an independent shop. They removed the suspect thermostat and then tested it by dunking it in a coffee mug of boiling water. It was sticking just as we suspected, so another thermostat was installed and worked good for as long as I owned that car, about three years. One idea is that a thermostat can get "funky" if the coolant is cruddy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information