Registered members do not see this advertisement! Remove it by signing up for free.
buick forums  
The Premier Community for Buick Owners and Enthusiasts

Join us! It's free!

buick forums

Past Lineup: Lucerne | Roadmaster | Regal (Old) | LeSabre | Century | Park Avenue | Riviera | Reatta | Grand National
Current Lineup: Cascada | Verano | LaCrosse | Regal | Enclave | Envision | Encore
Buick Forum: Need some help with my 2011 Buick Regal CXL
    T. Welch is offline Buick Newbie My Buick(s): 2011 Buick Regal CXL

Need some help with my 2011 Buick Regal CXL

I'm new to using a forum, so work with me here. I am having some power door lock and driver door key lock issues and am trying to remove the drivers door panel without breaking anything. I have been unsuccessful in finding any videos on You Tube to help with this. Can anyone tell me how to remove it with as little damage as possible?

Thank you.

Re: Need some help with my 2011 Buick Regal CXL

You have to use a small tool to pry two trim panels off the door: one behind the door release handle, and the other is the silver-y front cover over the door pull handle. There is one screw behind the release handle trim and two screws behind the pull handle trim. Once these three screws are removed the rest is just plastic push-pins, so just start pulling/prying around the outside of the door pad gently to release them all, and then it is just "hooked" over the top by the window, so lift up. Then of course there's just the electrical connectors.

I have this all with pictures in PDF form that I can e-mail you if you want to Private Message me your e-mail address also.

T. Welch is offline Buick Newbie My Buick(s): 2011 Buick Regal CXL

Thank you! They hide this stuff pretty good, and me and plastic parts that i'm not sure how they come apart don't usually don't get along too well and things get broke. The information you gave me was very helpful. Thanks again!

No problem! It's pretty easy to break plastic parts if you don't know what needs to come off - interior trim pieces aren't too forgiving when it comes to trial and error.

jagnweiner is offline Buick Newbie My Buick(s): 2012 Buick Regal GS

Remove this ad
    Also, for less than 10 bucks at autozone, you can get a set of plastic pry tools designed specifically for prying off various interior parts without damaging the finishes. Better than using screwdrivers and metal pry bars.

Edit: Apparently $18 at Autozone, although the same set is $9 at harbor freight. http://www.autozone.com/test-scan-an...?checkfit=true
    Regards,
    Scott
    2012 Regal GS 6MT

Thread Information