Registered members do not see this advertisement! Remove it by signing up for free.
buick forums  
The Premier Community for Buick Owners and Enthusiasts

Join us! It's free!

buick forums

Past Lineup: Lucerne | Roadmaster | Regal (Old) | LeSabre | Century | Park Avenue | Riviera | Reatta | Grand National
Current Lineup: Cascada | Verano | LaCrosse | Regal | Enclave | Envision | Encore
Buick Forum: E bay fuel pumps
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ryenie is online now Full Member My Buick(s): 95 Monte Carlo L36

Re: E bay fuel pumps

I've had no issues using a hammer and screwdriver to remove the ring. I would vacuum up as much dirt as you can before removing so dirt doesn't fall into the tank when you remove the old pump. It may be a little stuck at first, just keep tapping (don't hit it to hard or you'll gouge or bend the ring) but light steady tapping should loosen it up), you may have to tap from all of the different slots to loosen it for removal. Otherwise they do make a special tool but i've never had to use one, and have done dozens of fuel pumps.

GliderRides is offline Contributing Member My Buick(s): 2000 LeSabre

Re: E bay fuel pumps

Remove this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by ryenie View Post
    I've had no issues using a hammer and screwdriver to remove the ring. I would vacuum up as much dirt as you can before removing so dirt doesn't fall into the tank when you remove the old pump. It may be a little stuck at first, just keep tapping (don't hit it to hard or you'll gouge or bend the ring) but light steady tapping should loosen it up), you may have to tap from all of the different slots to loosen it for removal. Otherwise they do make a special tool but i've never had to use one, and have done dozens of fuel pumps.
    Same here, hammer and chisel, hit each tab equally. Hitting only one tab often causes the ring to go sideways and jam up. Never used a special tool. If worried about sparks, use brass, but I've never had a problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information