Registered members do not see this advertisement! Remove it by signing up for free.
buick forums  
The Premier Community for Buick Owners and Enthusiasts

Join us! It's free!

buick forums

Past Lineup: Lucerne | Roadmaster | Regal (Old) | LeSabre | Century | Park Avenue | Riviera | Reatta | Grand National
Current Lineup: Cascada | Verano | LaCrosse | Regal | Enclave | Envision | Encore
Buick Forum: Dimming infotainment screen
    SR45 is online now Full Member My Buick(s): 2015 Encore Leather, Pear White

Dimming infotainment screen

My infotainment screen, from time to time, would dim if driving under some tree's or clouds, and stay dim unless I turn the light switch on the left side of my dash to the left. Doing so would stop the daytime running lights. I have heard that the Envision model had the same issue, and they received a technical service bulletin 16-NA-357 to fix it. However, there is no such technical service bulletin for the encore. Though I did take it in for service, the technician stated the sensors are just too sensitive and there's nothing we can do about it. This was many moons ago.

Has anyone else had this issue, brought it into the service department, and what did the technician say to you? Now looking to purchase a new car but it will not be a Buick if this cannot be corrected.

Re: Dimming infotainment screen

Follow up:

I have just made a complaint with the NHTSA regarding this matter today. Will wait-and-see what happens. Not holding my breath, but I had to do something.

Quote Originally Posted by SR45 View Post
    My infotainment screen, from time to time, would dim if driving under some tree's or clouds, and stay dim unless I turn the light switch on the left side of my dash to the left. Doing so would stop the daytime running lights. I have heard that the Envision model had the same issue, and they received a technical service bulletin 16-NA-357 to fix it. However, there is no such technical service bulletin for the encore. Though I did take it in for service, the technician stated the sensors are just too sensitive and there's nothing we can do about it. This was many moons ago.

Has anyone else had this issue, brought it into the service department, and what did the technician say to you? Now looking to purchase a new car but it will not be a Buick if this cannot be corrected.

Good morning SR45,

We regret to learn of your Encore’s dimming infotainment screen. You certainly have the right to expect long term reliability and performance from your vehicle and we apologize if this has not been your experience. Unfortunately, we are unable to speculate on the technical aspects of your concern, however we would be more than happy to contact your GM certified dealership to make them aware of this concern. To proceed, please provide us with your full contact, VIN, current mileage and your preferred GM certified dealership in a private message. To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit: http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let us know. We’re looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best,
    Jerel J.
    Buick Customer Care

Brought my car in for service last year with the same issues, however the tech told me that the sensors are very sensitive and there was nothing that they can do. However, just a few days ago I learned that the Envision Buick are also having the same issues and received a service bulletin to fix it. I, however, and other Encore owners have not received any techical service bulletin. So I have to resort to other means, hopefully to get this issue resolved.

Thank you for your reply however.

Quote Originally Posted by SR45 View Post
    Brought my car in for service last year with the same issues, however the tech told me that the sensors are very sensitive and there was nothing that they can do. However, just a few days ago I learned that the Envision Buick are also having the same issues and received a service bulletin to fix it. I, however, and other Encore owners have not received any techical service bulletin. So I have to resort to other means, hopefully to get this issue resolved.

Thank you for your reply however.

Good afternoon SR45,

Thank you for following up with us. Please don’t hesitate to contact our team via private message of you have any additional questions or concerns of if we can be of any further assistance to you in the future. We’re always happy to help. Have a great day.

Best,
    Jerel J.
    Buick Customer Care

Remove this ad
    Mine does that all the time.

Thread Information