Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

buick forums  
The Premier Community for Buick Owners and Enthusiasts

Join us! It's free!

buick forums

Past Lineup: Lucerne | Roadmaster | Regal (Old) | LeSabre | Century | Park Avenue | Riviera | Reatta | Grand National
Current Lineup: Cascada | Verano | LaCrosse | Regal | Enclave | Envision | Encore
Buick Forum: BMW rims on my 2010 Buick Lucerne

BMW rims on my 2010 Buick Lucerne

I bought my Lucerne with winter tires and am looking for a set of rims and tires for summer driving.
    Will BMW rims fit on the Buick? They are 235/55R17 same as the Buick requires. 5 hole.
    The Kijiji ad is titled: BMW X3 17" Tires and Rims 235/55R17 E83
    Thanks in advance.
    RB

polarzak is offline Full Member My Buick(s): Lucerne & Chrysler 300 (Both In Gorgeous Black)

Re: BMW rims on my 2010 Buick Lucerne

I did half the work for you. Go here to find your bolt pattern. http://www.wheelsupport.com/buick-bolt-patterns/

Then click the "Find your bolt pattern" button and enter BMW and "viola"...you will have your answer......which coincidentally is no.

AnsonJ is online now Junior Member My Buick(s): 2010 Buick Lucerne

also don't forget that you will need 4 tpms sensonrs... unless you are ok with the tire light on all the time

AJ

polarzak is offline Full Member My Buick(s): Lucerne & Chrysler 300 (Both In Gorgeous Black)

Quote Originally Posted by AnsonJ View Post
    also don't forget that you will need 4 tpms sensonrs... unless you are ok with the tire light on all the time

AJ
    Will there be a tire light on if all four TPMS sensors are missing? My 06 has a different system, no in tire sensors, so it only measures wheels speed to determine pressure. I understand in 07 and on, Lucernes came with in tire TPMS sensors. So, back to my question, are you sure if all four sensors are missing the light will come on? The reason I ask is that my Chrysler has the in tire system, and in the winter I put winter rims and tires on it, all without in tire TPMS and the car knows they are all missing, and there is no light on in the the dash, no warning, nothing. When I put the summer tires back on, it knows they are there and registers four pressures. Just asking.

AnsonJ is online now Junior Member My Buick(s): 2010 Buick Lucerne

Remove this ad
    That is very possible. I would think that it would squawk tho... my 2010 lets me know the exact pressure in each tire. I would think that the DIC would flag that the tpms system is not reading any wheels. My wife's 2009 Charger just says a tire is low, and will not tell you which tire, you get the fun of figuring that out by yourself. so the system itself is fairly primitive. the tpms sensors for the 2009 are in tire sensors... had to replace them last year when I did the tires. they were about 40 bucks each.

So you now have me curious... RDBarr, when you find a set of winter wheels, let us know if the car squawks about no tpms sensors

AJ

Thread Information