Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

buick forums  
The Premier Community for Buick Owners and Enthusiasts

Join us! It's free!

buick forums

Past Lineup: Lucerne | Roadmaster | Regal (Old) | LeSabre | Century | Park Avenue | Riviera | Reatta | Grand National
Current Lineup: Cascada | Verano | LaCrosse | Regal | Enclave | Envision | Encore
Buick Forum: 2012 Buick Regal GS

2012 Buick Regal GS

it appears we are experiencing the piston issue which is plaguing many Chevy, Buick and Cadillac Ecotec LTG engines. I started a thread on the Regal GS section. See below.

http://buickforums.com/forums/thread...linder-misfire

We are not getting a lot of information from the dealership in regards to what is going on with our vehicle. Other than them pushing us towards a purchase of another vehicle. Vin# 2G4GV5GV3C9198545. Please advise on how to proceed.

Thank You
    Todd Acosta

Re: 2012 Buick Regal GS

Wow I guess we know where we stand with customer care. 6+ days and no reply.

Quote Originally Posted by 36racin View Post
    it appears we are experiencing the piston issue which is plaguing many Chevy, Buick and Cadillac Ecotec LTG engines. I started a thread on the Regal GS section. See below.

We are not getting a lot of information from the dealership in regards to what is going on with our vehicle. Other than them pushing us towards a purchase of another vehicle. Vin# 2G4GV5GV3C9198545. Please advise on how to proceed.

Thank You
    Todd Acosta

Thank You
    Todd Acosta

Hello Todd,

Our team has responded to your initial thread regarding you concern. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns moving forward. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best,
    Jerel J.
    Buick Customer Care

So I've been back to the dealer twice in the last week. Once the service advisor wasn't there and again on Tuesday. The first time the person speaking with me(new to dealership) had to go back and speak with the tech. The tech told him he didn't know our car was still there. I'd agree since it's the furthest back in the dealership lot and could easily be missed. I didn't miss it everyday when I passed to see if it had moved(NOT). So I go back in Tuesday this week and am told they are wanting to pull the head off the car since they are seeing something they didn't like when bore scoping it. I told them I gave you permission to repair my car a month ago. It's still under warranty for 3/36 and powertrain. Advisor tells me the tech that originally worked on the car doesn't have the knowledge to pull the head. They will get our car to another tech to get the repairs started when he done working on another persons transmission. Car still hasn't moved as of today.

Please do not remove this reply from the thread like others have been removed!!! I was told weeks ago that Duplessis GMC/Buick would be working on our car. Here it is June 4th 2017 and the car is still parked in the same spot it was over a month ago. I am going on record that this vehicle was brought for service March 27th 2017 and still not repaired as of today.

I am requesting the service manager from Duplessis GMC/Buick and the owner contact me and or my wife. I also am requesting the District/Regional Service Manager contact me!!!

My self and my family have been without our car since March 27th 2017!!! That two car payments if not three. The 3year/36000 mile B2B is almost over. And we do not have an extended warranty. Unless Buick want's to throw one in at not cost. Or give us a trade in/payoff of this vehicle and they can do whatever and take as long as they wish fixing it. We will not be keeping this car without additional warranty protection if we keep it at all. And as of right now anything short of a full engine change will be unacceptable. What's stopping any of the other 3 cylinders from doing the same thing the day after the car is returned to us. Then we are stuck....Again

Todd and Rebecca Acosta
    225-505-7640 my cell
    225-505-7641 wife cell

Remove this ad
    Please do not remove this reply from the thread like others have been removed!!! I was told weeks ago that Duplessis GMC/Buick would be working on our car. Here it is June 4th 2017 and the car is still parked in the same spot it was over a month ago. I am going on record that this vehicle was brought for service March 27th 2017 and still not repaired as of today.

I am requesting the service manager from Duplessis GMC/Buick and the owner contact me and or my wife. I also am requesting the District/Regional Service Manager contact me!!!

My self and my family have been without our car since March 27th 2017!!! That two car payments if not three. The 3year/36000 mile B2B is almost over. And we do not have an extended warranty. Unless Buick want's to throw one in at not cost. Or give us a trade in/payoff of this vehicle and they can do whatever and take as long as they wish fixing it. We will not be keeping this car without additional warranty protection if we keep it at all. And as of right now anything short of a full engine change will be unacceptable. What's stopping any of the other 3 cylinders from doing the same thing the day after the car is returned to us. Then we are stuck....Again

Todd and Rebecca Acosta
    225-505-7640 my cell
    225-505-7641 wife cell
    Update in our side....Wife went by Duplessis GMC/Buick on Monday and was actually told by the Dealership Service Advisor they didn't have anyone qualified to work on the car. I want action for Corporate NOW!!! I do not want Duplessis Buick service techs working on our vehicle. I am requesting BUICK CORPORATE send someone in other than Duplessis Servict techs to work on our car. Or authourize someone to purchase our vehicle from us so we can go purchase a new one!!! I believe we have been more than fair through this whole process.

Unsatisfied Customers
    Todd and Rebecca Acosta

Thread Information