Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

buick forums  
The Premier Community for Buick Owners and Enthusiasts

Join us! It's free!

buick forums

Past Lineup: Lucerne | Roadmaster | Regal (Old) | LeSabre | Century | Park Avenue | Riviera | Reatta | Grand National
Current Lineup: Cascada | Verano | LaCrosse | Regal | Enclave | Envision | Encore
Buick Forum: Retune with Werks Shorty Downpipe

Retune with Werks Shorty Downpipe

gs down.jpg

Automatic, 2012 GS, Stock airbox, Werks Shorty Downpipe, HPTuners

269HP, 312 TQ. Feels so much stronger under the curve.

Like the aftermarket companies say when you mod always get a retune because the throttle closes on you the more air you add, tuner confirmed this. Now it is back to staying open and drives a lot smoother.

Re: Retune with Werks Shorty Downpipe

Impressive for just a tune and downpipe. I just got the stage kit, and thinking of getting one of these in that future. Also, how was the install?

I ended up taking to a shop and it took them about 2hrs because they had a hard time unbolting the front cat pipe from the 2nd cat pipe. If you get the full downpipe it might be easier since you can probably take off easier. The downpipe with stock 2nd cat still in place dyno 4hp more before tune and then got another 6hp with retune.

I actually emailed them yesterday with some questions about the short pipe, and the guy basically said they don't sell the full length one anymore, as it wasn't worth it. I found that interesting, but moreso that the full length one is 3" at the outlet from the turbo vs 3.5".

GSTurbo is offline Full Member My Buick(s): 2013 Regal GS, Crystal Red Tint Coat, Aisin AF40

Question on how you dyno'd your auto....

What gear did you dyno, and did you need to place it in manual mode so it held the desired gear?

Also, I wish I knew you had questions on the install... I have a thread I made with my install steps.
    Last edited by GSTurbo; April 24th, 2017 at 09:48 AM.

Mods:
    Modified OEM Intake
    K&N 33-2442 Filter
    Forge Recirculating Bypass Valve
    Werks Shorty Downpipe w/ Highflow Cat
    Secondary Cat Delete
    Muffler Delete
    Scangauge II
    Triple R Composites Splitter
    Carbon Fiber Mirror Covers
    Turbo Buick Badge

Not sure what gear he dynoed. It was in manual mode and on the auto it will hold gear if shift manually.

Yeah I had dp for about 2 months before I figured I'll just spend $150 to get installed and after watching the shop fool with unbolting the middle section I'm glad I did. haha

GSTurbo is offline Full Member My Buick(s): 2013 Regal GS, Crystal Red Tint Coat, Aisin AF40

Quote Originally Posted by 7speed View Post
    Not sure what gear he dynoed. It was in manual mode and on the auto it will hold gear if shift manually.

Yeah I had dp for about 2 months before I figured I'll just spend $150 to get installed and after watching the shop fool with unbolting the middle section I'm glad I did. haha
    Yep, that's why I asked. Thanks for the info.

Remove this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by EnderWiggin View Post
    I actually emailed them yesterday with some questions about the short pipe, and the guy basically said they don't sell the full length one anymore, as it wasn't worth it. I found that interesting, but moreso that the full length one is 3" at the outlet from the turbo vs 3.5".
    ZZP's is the same way, and def causes a restriction with the KO4. That's why I was happy to see the shorty pipe match the factory 3.5" outlet.

Thread Information