Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

buick forums  
The Premier Community for Buick Owners and Enthusiasts

Join us! It's free!

buick forums

Past Lineup: Lucerne | Roadmaster | Regal (Old) | LeSabre | Century | Park Avenue | Riviera | Reatta | Grand National
Current Lineup: Cascada | Verano | LaCrosse | Regal | Enclave | Envision | Encore
Buick Forum: Head to block dowel pins...whoops
    exilestudios is offline Buick Newbie My Buick(s): 1990 Buick Regal Custom 3.1L 6-Cylinder

Question Head to block dowel pins...whoops

Hello,

I have a 1990 Buick Regal Custom 3.1L v6. I'm doing the head gaskets, but as I went to put the heads back on I noticed the back dowel pins apparently were stuck in the head not the block unlike the front. I had the heads machined and apparently got them back without the dowel pins. I'm having trouble finding new ones to buy that state the dimensions or say they're compatible. I was hoping someone on here might be able to help me find some or know ones that are compatible. I believe they're 12mm x 12.5mm.

Thanks!

HotZ28 is offline Full Member My Buick(s): 1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU

Re: Head to block dowel pins...whoops

I would think that the machine shop who surfaced the heads would need to remove the dowel pins prior to surfacing the head? If so, they should have reinstalled them where they belong. You need to confront them and ask this question!

exilestudios is offline Buick Newbie My Buick(s): 1990 Buick Regal Custom 3.1L 6-Cylinder

Re: Head to block dowel pins...whoops

Remove this ad
    Thanks! I contacted the machine shop and they gave me two new ones that were the correct size to make up for the mistake.

Thread Information