• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

♚ Regal GS - Brembo Brakes ♚ Master Thread ♚

nizerims

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Buick Ownership
:(s)kciuB yM
I had this idea a few days ago (before the forum change) to start a thread with links to other threads in this forum that actually contain good info or pictures or part numbers.

We'll call it a " ♚ Master Thread ♚ "! <-- (you can copy & paste that crown)

I was looking for info on our brakes and rotors. Here's the GOOD ones from our 109 page mess.

Where to order Brembo Replacement Pads?

Replacement GS Pads?

Anyone want performance rotors for the GS??

Brembo Brake Servicing

OEM Brembo Brake Pad Replacements - On Backorder

StopTech Front Brake Pad Replacement Brembos on 2012 Regal GS

GS Brembos

GS brake pad swap

Replaced the front brake pads

*AND FOR SAFETY*

Jacking Points (to get her completely in the air)

SO, Does anyone have the Part Numbers for the OEM Front and Rear Rotors?????

Feel free to add to this thread or start your own ♚ Master Thread ♚. Spring Forum Cleaning!

***One thing I like about this new forum setup is the auto-save feature during your reply.****

__________________________________________________________________________________

Buick Street Team
Even Brembos Cant Stop US!

MayorMcCheese

Buick Ownership
Buick
http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Vauxhall_Insignia_2.8_2012/p/car-parts/brakes/brake-friction/brake-pad/?101720398&1&665b326a367858909855b27f6accb64edd5dab15&000036

now only assuming these are the same brakes as the insignia.. which im pretty sure they are .. these are the replacement pads .. not OEM but definitley a great replacement and what im considering

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?220320-Brake-pads

than theres these that say OEM .. but it sais WITH sport suspension its cheaper than without? i dont get it

http://www.gmpartscenter.net/oem-part/oem-gm/brake-pads/13329562
and lastly thats what i got for the OEM brembo pads and there part number... someone confirm anything i said

nizerims

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Buick Ownership
Mr. Mayor,

The OEM front Brembo Brake Pads are P/N- 13329562.

The Low Dust font Brembo Brake Pads are P/N- 22866931.

The Pagid Brake Pads P/N- 101720398 look exactly like the Brembo Brake Pads I just took off. If the picture they show in your link is the exact product that they ship.... I am 99.99% sure they will fit your GS.

*** I still want the Part Numbers for the OEM Front and Rear rotors.***

kranz38

Crown Point
Buick Ownership
Regal GS
do we have the 321mm vented rear/brembo front or just the brembo front option.... Shows the R1 concept drilled and slotted to be 200 for fronts 150 rear... i could work with that if thats that case.

MayorMcCheese

Buick Ownership
Buick
I thought our rotors are 14.25 ... That 1/4 counts every inch of it

I don't need pads yet I think I'm about 40% left on my pads but I think I'll go with the Pagid Pads when I need replacing

What about our rotors..

For rotors Unless I need em.. I'm not replacing lll

nizerims

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Buick Ownership
The extreme cold weather recently & my SPIRITED driving during those nights have caused my front rotors to warp a little. My steering wheel now vibrates a little during HARD braking. It didn't help that on one of those nights I had some ice build-up on the inside of one of my front rims. I couldn't break it up with my hands (didn't want to F-up the paint by stabbing the ice with something) , so I went to the carwash and sprayed the ice out with ice water! *you should never spray water on your warm/hot rotors* I had to do it..... I've been slowly researching brakes for the past week or so.

Your going to make me measure mine!

I'm going by our member- synolimit, He measured the rotors because he wanted to find some wilwood rotors that would fit, and a member of "another" Regal forum said the 14" rotors for some model of Camaro were an exact fit for his GS.

This is another reason I want the damn parts list for a 2012 GS. WHY is it such a TOP SECRET document?

nizerims

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Buick Ownership

Yeah, I think it's all codes, but see if it lists a size for your rotors.

Probably can Google the option code and get a description....?

rook785

Hollywood
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS
My car is having terrible trouble with squeeling from the front left wheels. It's bad when it's breaking, but now it's even squeeling when i'm NOT breaking. I have about 19k miles on the car..

i called the dealdership to see about that TSB break pad fix but they said they didn't know anything about the TSB. Then I called GM Customer Service and THEY said that they didn't have that TSB on my VIN!! I have a 2012 Regal GS... i'm in California... how is it possible that everyone has it but me?

Is there something i'm doing wrong? The TSB I looked up was TSB # PI0676A

They said they couldn't find it in the system. Any ideas what might be happening?

TSB quoted from another thread:

"Factory O.E. pad part number is 13329562. retail cost=$346.40
replacement pad pard #22866931. cost was 129.00-ish.

clearly the factory pads were a performance racing pad. i think the service advisor read the bulletin wrong.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some customers may comment on a squeal or squeak noise on brake apply. Excessive brake dust on the wheels may also be noted.

The Regal GS uses special high performance brake linings that are more prone to brake squeal and accumulation of brake dust on the wheels.

Recommendation/Instructions

Dealers can replace the brake linings with the part number below.

Important: Inform the customer that the Regal GS OE pads are designed for track performance use and are required for high energy braking. The original brake linings must be put back on if the vehicle is to be driven on a track."

napacruzergs

Napa, CA
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal GS
What mileage are guys getting with the OEM brake pads. Mine only went 24k. Another post I read was at 16k. Almost think 19k squeeling brakes could be on the sensors.

QSilverGS

Holland, MI
Buick Ownership
2012 GS, 2006 Rendezvous

Yeah, I think it's all codes, but see if it lists a size for your rotors.

Probably can Google the option code and get a description....?
Couldn't find anything useful from the codes, except the new 2014 XTS also has the same front brembo (J64) brakes. Here's a little jem that has all the codes for the 2012 Regals. Select what you want info on, and hit print and it loads a. pdf file. I couldn't attach it with tapatalk. Maybe you can from the desktop, I don't know..

http://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NASApp/domestic/printbook.jsp?year=2012&regionID=1&divisionID=4&vehicleID=11603

Shows the subtle differences between our 2012 base, turbo and GS cars. You can use the root website to look up any gm 2012, 2013 or 2014 model of you want. The only spec I found interesting is that the manual MR6 trans get a 3.76 final ratio and the auto MDK get a 3.33.

More code crap...
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2011/06/rpo-central-buick-issues-rpo-codes-for-2012-regal/

alfasteve

Buick Ownership
Buick
Yes, but the gear ratios are interesting. Grand canyon jump from 1st to 2nd in the MT, and the drop from 5th to 6th is purely for CAFE standards. I wish for a more evenly matched set of gears.
Regal GS MT6 Automatic Premium III
1st 3.92 14.74 4.58 14.79
2nd 2.04 7.67 2.96 9.56
3rd 1.32 4.96 1.91 6.17
4th 0.95 3.57 1.45 4.68
5th 0.76 2.86 1 3.23
6th 0.62 2.33 0.75 2.42
Final drive 3.76 3.23

Pedal Commander