• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

🌟 ALL PLEASE READ: Anyone Had A Fender Bender — & Parts Issues? You Will Unless...

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
A guy on the FB TourX group, Scott Wolfe, is apparently having real problems, and this does not bode well for any of us who own a TourX, and possibly the sedan as well. Back end wrecked end of January. No parts available and none in sight.

GM said talk to your dealer, dealer said talk to GM (rightfully, imo - this one is on GM)...almost 5 months now and crickets for him. I suggested he flame GM & Buick on their social media channels. I wonder if we all did this on our fellow owner's behalf once a day until it is resolved...on all of their most recent /active social media threads...if this would grant the matter the attention it deserves...this should concern all of us. Next up with a wrecked, no-parts-available TourX could be YOU. Thoughts? Suggestions? Let's discuss.

Scott's not the only one...I saw a Twitter post a few months ago with a similar no-parts issue.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
Problem is our cars are “Captive Imports”. An import sold under a domestic name”. I did not know it was made in Germany when I bought it.

I always think of the Plymouth Cricket. Made in England. After they ended importing it, nobody ever heard of it.

e2m

Michigan
I suggested he flame GM & Buick on their social media channels. I wonder if we all did this on our fellow owner's behalf once a day until it is resolved...on all of their most recent /active social media threads...if this would grant the matter the attention it deserves..
Yeah, it should definitely be posted in an open forum, not in a closed FB group with only 313 members. As is, non-members of this group, like me, can't even repost it since we can't even see it.

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I guess that's why they never fixed the TourX that Motortrend Magazine was testing when they hit a deer.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
Ahhh, feeling even more like my 2011 9-5 now. But FWIW windshields in my 2017 Subaru Forester were on indefinite backorder and Subaru wouldn’t authorize non factory replacements due to their camera system. I waited over 6 weeks for factory glass then said screw it the next time and put aftermarket in it. Still a problem for Subi as recently read in the forum.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Yes sir it's time to get Judge Judy on this right away and I'm sure GM will buckle under the pressure and give Scott Wolfe his parts ASAP, heck maybe GM may give them to Scott for free as a PR stunt. LOL

GM hasn't declined to get parts, they haven't delivered them. This was not a manufacturing defect, it was a owner damaged issue. Scott Wolfe, who I don't know, hasn't posted on this forum regarding a five month old problem as far as I can tell. While I don't know the entire story, not part of the FB group, a certified letter from his attorney to the dealer, GM and insurance carrier would probably get their attention more so then another post on a forum IMO.

JORDANSILVERNAIL

HOUSTON, TX
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal GS, 2014 Regal GS
.......Glad I got the GS. I was rear ended by an uninsured motorist 2 months after buying my GS :( I ended up needing a new rear fascia, rear reflectors, and the gloss black molding on the rear bumper. All my parts arrived in less than 5 days. I've also had a plethora of trim items replaced under warranty (because I'm a nitpicking customer) and all parts have arrived in a timely fashion.

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
Yes sir it's time to get Judge Judy on this right away and I'm sure GM will buckle under the pressure and give Scott Wolfe his parts ASAP, heck maybe GM may give them to Scott for free as a PR stunt. LOL

GM hasn't declined to get parts, they haven't delivered them. This was not a manufacturing defect, it was a owner damaged issue. Scott Wolfe, who I don't know, hasn't posted on this forum regarding a five month old problem as far as I can tell. While I don't know the entire story, not part of the FB group, a certified letter from his attorney to the dealer, GM and insurance carrier would probably get their attention more so then another post on a forum IMO.
I made the post here out of concern for all TourX owners and this guy's stated claim of not getting parts going on 5 months. Of course he should speak to an attorney if all he's getting from GM is silence and/or the runaround. Five weeks is reasonable for parts. Five months? I think we can all agree that is not reasonable for a major part of a car [that is currently in production] that now doesn't function as intended. How it got damaged, in a wreck or elsewhere, or whether you know Scott Wolfe or not, are irrelevant here.

Not sure if you're aware, but yeah, social media can be a great resource for getting companies to change their behavior. It's not about getting it for free. It's about GM holding up their end of the bargain. I don't see how belittling others, including the guy who is having the issue (and who made the post, yes, in another forum, which is still a valid place to make the post) is a productive part of that.

@TourXRDU that is good to know, at least for shared parts we are in good shape. TourX-specific parts? Not looking good at the moment.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
I am aware of social media, it's when someone in Chicago says that it was a hate crime and all do be's jump on board, then it turns out not to be true. Other TourX owners don't seem to have a problem getting parts, some in little as 3 days, so it's unusual to have a single person who is waiting five months to get parts and still don't know WHY other than Scott is not getting replies, unusual.

Has he been in touch with the dealership owner? Has he been in touch with the GM zone rep? Is he driving a rental that his insurance is paying for and what do they say? Sorry not belittling anyone, but just bitching on a FB fourm and then following it up with no action followed by the traditional "I never buy another GM product again" sign off seems to common.

So make your posts on the selected social media sites and follow up with links on those posts, hopefully it will help Scott.

Banto

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence - Dark Moon Blue, 2018 Regal TourX Essence - Rioja Red, 2009 Enclave CXL
I have a cosmetic defect on my airbag and still waiting for replacement parts after six weeks. No ETA from GM.

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
I am aware of social media, it's when someone in Chicago says that it was a hate crime and all do be's jump on board, then it turns out not to be true. Other TourX owners don't seem to have a problem getting parts, some in little as 3 days, so it's unusual to have a single person who is waiting five months to get parts and still don't know WHY other than Scott is not getting replies, unusual.

Has he been in touch with the dealership owner? Has he been in touch with the GM zone rep? Is he driving a rental that his insurance is paying for and what do they say? Sorry not belittling anyone, but just bitching on a FB fourm and then following it up with no action followed by the traditional "I never buy another GM product again" sign off seems to common.

So make your posts on the selected social media sites and follow up with links on those posts, hopefully it will help Scott.
Well you're not wrong on that Chicago thing, but believe it or not sm can actually be useful for stuff that helps people as well. I do loathe much of sm myself, but since I work in marketing I get to deal with it quite a bit. Thanks for the apology, no hard feelings.

I'm curious about other TourX owners getting TourX-specific parts, especially body parts...is it true that people in this category are having no issues? From a few comments in this thread and on the FB thread, it seems hit or miss. I ask in all seriousness: Does anybody know of any wrecked TourX that has gotten TourX body parts in a reasonable amount of time? And what was that part/s and time?

When I posted this thread, I sent a message to Scott on FB to ask him some of those q's you mentioned above, and included a link to this thread for him to follow/register/comment. Have not heard back yet, will report if/when I do. Hopefully he just hasn't talked to the right GM rep yet. The whole thing is odd, though, you would think a body shop/insurance could handle it all easily like any other car.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
Well my background is QC so coming at a problem is a little different as I was looking at the root cause of a problem then put a corrective action plan in place.

It's like a post where someone can't get into their vehicle followed by a bunch of post replies only to find the OP was trying to get in to the wrong vehicle LOL.

I'm sure GM has a percentage figure that they use for spares on how many are produced and that's what is on hand. But as far as body / interior vs mechanical spares I'll assume the mechanical spares are on the heavy side due to warranty replacement as a rear axle will fail sooner than the hood sheet metal.

Pedal Commander