02 Rdvz FWD won't start.

adu1982

Buick Ownership
Buick
02 Rdvz, FWD, won't start. Worse part we are on vacation, about 550 miles away. Did it a few times, but eventually started. I can hear the starter, battery is good, tested and charged, alternator good. Ran a wire from the starter solenoid (small wire) to battery. Starter clunks but no start. Had new starter in, no go.

Don't have anoem radio in (double din pioneer) so I can't tell if maybe it is the passkey ?? (Security light is in oem radio right?)

Any other suggestions. No codes, not even pending, shown by my actron scanner. Tried the passkey 3 , 10 min on, three times, relearn.....to no avail.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017

adu1982

Buick Ownership
Buick
I used to see the security light come on every once in a while after I installed the Double din radio (with steering wheel controller, and the chime adaptor) but it never caused a no start. It would go away on restart. No security light since it's been doing the no start. I checked fuses and swapped relays... No change.

It does get voltage to the starter (I measured ) when you try to start it and I can hear the starter clicking. I hear the fuel pump priming. Battery is good.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.