03 Century Need Advice

Buick Ownership
03 Century
Hi everyone, recently got a smoking deal on a 03 Century, been driving it for about a week now. Having some issues as of last night though. Everything was working good, stopped and got gas and when I left the station my speedo cut out, indicator as well and it won't shift past first gear? I've found info on the cluster saying there are four solder points that tend to be be factory weak and a resolder job will normally fix that issue. Question I have is, would this issue in the cluster have any effect on the transmission? Is there connection from the cluster to the pcs, meaning if the cluster goes out the transmission won't get the correct signals? Any advice here would be greatly appreciated and helpful. Thanks.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
I think you may have come up with the wrong source of your problem. The transmission has VSS, vehicle speed sensor which feeds a signal to the speedometer and provides the transmission with information to control shifting. Do you have a check engine light on?

Buick Ownership
03 Century
So if I resolder the connection points on the cluster will this help the trans issue?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.