05 Century front wheel hub bearing?

jimmys5600

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal
Thread starter #1
Hi, Need to replace a front wheel hub bearing assy on a 05 Century Custom.
Not my vehicle. I cannot remember if it has abs or not. See there is a part
number difference between abs and non abs. Looking at the part illustrations
the only difference I can see is the wire harness for abs. If I order in a abs
wheel hub assy. with abs,and it does not have abs,can I just cut the
harness off? Life in a rural area so getting the parts ahead of time is the
best for for me.
Thanks

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
why would you spend the extra money on a ABS hub if you dont need it. You cannt ask the owner of the car if they see an ABS light on the dash when they turn the key to the run position?

Buick Ownership
Buick
I have an '05 Century custom and it has ABS, although I think it may be only the front wheels, not sure. The ABS light on the dash is an amber lighted sign. The modulator or motor is right with the brake master cylinder.

HotZ28

Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU
If you have an ABS code that could be for any of all the four wheels, what is the ABS code? You need to get get that diagnosed with an ABS capable scanner to determine which side/front, or back is the problem.

jobby99

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
The two front wheels often get water in the abs connectors and that messes up the signal despite abs being fine otherwise. I would replace the two connectors up front and bet your lights will go out. Make sure the wiring is twisted a little bit when installing new connectors. They sell kits for this online. I had the same thing happen on my 02 century. If you take to dealer, they are known to tell you that a whole new ABS unit needs to be installed, which is just stupid.

Zeroboostbuick

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
I thought ABS was standard on all Buicks.

If the hub you got doesn't have the ABS wiring then you won't have ABS and the harness where it plugs into will be left alone with out having to do anything extra.

Remember the back half of the old Hub bearing assembly will most likely get separated from the rest of the hub when being removed because it corrodes to the knuckle bore it sits inside.

You'll be able to punch it out from behind with a hammer and some kind of rod like a 4" long 1/4" socket extension.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.