• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - social media. Something new is coming for Buick owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

05 Terraza right rear sliding door won't close.

Andy.schmidt87

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Hey all, I just bought an 05 Terraza with 175k on it. The right rear power sliding door will open fine, but 85% of the time upon closing it will get almost closed but will then ding and open up. Sometimes 4 times in a row before it shuts. It acts as though something is in the way.

Advice? Anyone else have this issue? Its one of about a dozen big issues it has that I'm trying to figure out.

Thanks,
Andy

TerrazaFan

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Check the track at the bottom to make sure there's nothing in there. Leaves, kids toys, food scraps, etc. will sometimes catch it. Also check to make sure the metal contacts on the door and the body are clean. The connections would only cause a problem if the door were closed all the way and then came open, but it's good to check on it while you're already working on the door.

If those actions don't work, I would take it to the dealership and let their trim guy align the door. It works its way out of alignment sometimes, and there are a lot of pieces to take off during the alignment procedure. It's about two hours of labor in the shop. Make sure their trim guy already has experience with Terraza vans, or take it to a Chevy dealership. These vans had door issues often enough that they should have seen more than a few of these.

robauto

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I'm the original owner of an 05, my right door gave me problems just like yours. In the beginning the dealer realigned, then eventually the same thing. I cleaned the contacts, realigned, etc, but it always came back. I pulled the fuse and now both doors are manual. One day I may try again. I had a 95 pontiac transport for 10 yrs and that door never gave me 1 problem. these buick doors stink.

Eldon Martin

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I'm the original owner of an 05, my right door gave me problems just like yours. In the beginning the dealer realigned, then eventually the same thing. I cleaned the contacts, realigned, etc, but it always came back. I pulled the fuse and now both doors are manual. One day I may try again. I had a 95 pontiac transport for 10 yrs and that door never gave me 1 problem. these buick doors stink.

This, in my opinion, is the only real way to "fix" the problem. In addition to pulling the fuse, I detached the cables that pull the door open and shut. It's a fairly easy process and makes so the doors open and close so easy my 3-year-old can do it. I'm back in manual-door bliss after months of frustration. Here a video that explains the process I used: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9RoNBAFttE

G-8851

Hey all, I just bought an 05 Terraza with 175k on it. The right rear power sliding door will open fine, but 85% of the time upon closing it will get almost closed but will then ding and open up. Sometimes 4 times in a row before it shuts. It acts as though something is in the way.

Advice? Anyone else have this issue? Its one of about a dozen big issues it has that I'm trying to figure out.

Thanks,
Andy
Yes! The right rear door! Thinking of disconnecting the power and do it manually

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

G-621714

I have the same problem on both of my 05 Terazza CXL's.
I disconnected the cable on my first Terazza as Eldon pointed out earlier and that worked.
I'd like to have auto doors on the second one but I'll probably do the disconnect and live without.
The problem is this: If I close the R sliding door and put (body weight) pressure on the door from the outside it will sometimes stay latched and the warning chimes don't go off.
If I walk away without a close check and it looks closed....it sometimes opens up about a quarter inch and stops....enough to lose electrical contact. Then the chimes go off draining the battery.
It can be frustrating and over the past few years of dealing with those doors I haven't seen any posts that properly address the problem so with that said. Time to Disconnect.
JJ