• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

06 Lucerne - Speed Limited to 80 mph

atsproperty

Buick Ownership
Buick
I have an 06 Lucerne and after a blow out where the tread came off and beat the crap out of the driver side rear behind the tire. After a few days and new tire replaced I noticed my speed was limited to 80 mph. What can I do to fix this, reset this, or whatever with out going to dealer and spending big $$ ???

92sub

Motor City
Buick Ownership
87GN (gone), 2011 CXS (gone), 98 Regal GS
I am unaware of any 'speed limiting' / 'power reduced' capability within the control module that would limit at a speed as high as 80. Everything I've ever seen limits speed or engine power at such reduced levels you'd be lucky to hit 40 mph after a mile!
Sounds to me like you have a vehicle failure that is limiting your speed.
Things that come to mind include restricted exhaust, restricted air inlet, restricted fuel line / filter, etc.

atsproperty

Buick Ownership
Buick
in the 2006 owners manual I was able to find on page 3-63
SPEED LIMITED TO XXX MPH (km/h)
This message will display when your vehicle speed is limited to 80 mph (128 km/h) because the vehicle detects a problem in the speed variable assist steering, magnetic ride control, or automatic leveling control systems. Have your vehicle serviced by your GM dealer.

So it appears it could be any of those 3 options. Anyone have answers to those 3 options?

92sub

Motor City
Buick Ownership
If you have electronic level control there is a height sensor in the wheelwell which your blown tire probably took out. The sensor is mounted to the body and a small link rod connects it to the lower control arm. I'd check there first knowing you had a recent issue in that area.

whitecrystal1

Buick Ownership
2013 Enclave AWD Premium, 2002 Lesabre Custom
Where is it that the speed limit is 80mph or higher?:blink: Are you taking it to a race track? Do you live in Germany or something?

atsproperty

Buick Ownership
Buick
Thank you 92sub I will check there. are referring to the rear drivers side when you say "control arm?

Umm whitecrystal - Texas Hwys are 75 but who drives the speed limit? lol

92sub

Motor City
Buick Ownership
Thank you 92sub I will check there. are referring to the rear drivers side when you say "control arm?
Yes. The sensor mounts to the body just ahead of the rear tire and the link rod connect to the lower arm that the connects the rear axle to the body.

vintage42

Louisville, KY
Buick Ownership
2008 Lucerne CXL V6 Gold Mist
Where is it that the speed limit is 80mph or higher?:blink: Are you taking it to a race track? Do you live in Germany or something?
He didn't say he went 80 mph. He said the car put up a message that it was limited to 80 mph.
However, it is best that he fix the problem before he needs to go faster than 80 mph, like passing a car on a two lane road against an oncoming vehicle.

$GuruGame$

Buick Ownership
2009 Lucerne super
I have an 06 Lucerne and after a blow out where the tread came off and beat the crap out of the driver side rear behind the tire. After a few days and new tire replaced I noticed my speed was limited to 80 mph. What can I do to fix this, reset this, or whatever with out going to dealer and spending big $$ ???
How did u fix it????

Pedal Commander