06 Rendezvous CXL relay overheating

GaPeachInBamaland78

Buick Ownership
06 Rendezvous CXL
Okay, making an EXTREMELY long story short, the fuel pump relay on my 06 Rendezvous CXL is overheating, causing it to cut off while operating. Fuse is good, pump is brand new. Was having this issue with old pump, so we ran a wire directly from the harness at the pump to the relay box under the hood. It has run fine for the past 5 months, and now the problem is back, and the issue seems to be at the relay box--we think there may be a short inside the box underneath the relay. Anybody had this issue with theirs? Again, fuse is good, relay itself is good, fuel pump is brand new, and is direct wired from harness at fuel pump to fuse/relay box under the hood.

GaPeachInBamaland78

Buick Ownership
06 Rendezvous CXL
Okay, making an EXTREMELY long story short, the fuel pump relay on my 06 Rendezvous CXL is overheating, causing it to cut off while operating. Fuse is good, pump is brand new. Was having this issue with old pump, so we ran a wire directly from the harness at the pump to the relay box under the hood. It has run fine for the past 5 months, and now the problem is back, and the issue seems to be at the relay box--we think there may be a short inside the box underneath the relay. Anybody had this issue with theirs? Again, fuse is good, relay itself is good, fuel pump is brand new, and is direct wired from harness at fuel pump to fuse/relay box under the hood.
Update: have determined that relay is not connecting properly in its slot. Still don't know the cause for it overheating. Foes anyone know the part # for the under hood fuse/relay box? Trying to price it in case I have to replace, but am having a hard time finding it for my model year, and can't find it on the gm sites at all by keyword, so I want to search by part #, but can't seem to find it.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners