• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

14+ Intellilink Updates?

cubaniche

Buick Ownership
Buick
Anyone know if there are any major updates to the operating system on the radio? I see the 2016 models will have Apple car play and will later get upgraded to also incorporate Android Auto.

I wonder if 14 and 15 will get updates. As it is, I don't have SMS working and would really like that feature.

Big LrG

Buick Newbie
Northville, MI
Buick Ownership
15' Regal GS AWD
Your SMS should work. Not sure if you have iPhone or Android but, if you have Apple go into Settings, Bluetooth, Select your Vehicles Bluetooth, then it will be a slider for 'Show Notifications'. Turn that on then your SMS will work. However they still havent fixed it where iPhones can reply through the car but ANdroids can. Maybe that has been fixed with the Apple Car Play not 100% sure though. I have a 15'.

alphabets

Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Regal Turbo
I also have a 2014, and have not seen anything on my infotainment unit that shows text settings. I will check again, but I have a feeling my model Premium I does not have this option. I do have it connected to the bluetooth, as I use it for phone calls and music/podcasts all the time while driving.

stoopid

Las Vegas, NV
Buick Ownership
2017 LaCrosse 1SL
Anyone know if there are any major updates to the operating system on the radio? I see the 2016 models will have Apple car play and will later get upgraded to also incorporate Android Auto.

I wonder if 14 and 15 will get updates. As it is, I don't have SMS working and would really like that feature.
I thought I recall no apple play or android auto for us.

Limited360

Milford, MI
Buick Ownership
Buick
This is something I would like to see OEM's change.... Work on updating electronics with new options when it doesn't impact other parts of the car. IE. if its all the same hardware please help us stay updated through the warranty time period.

I would love APPLE Car Play, I really do enjoy it on my friends Pioneer NEX I installed for him.

stoopid

Las Vegas, NV
Buick Ownership
2017 LaCrosse 1SL
This is something I would like to see OEM's change.... Work on updating electronics with new options when it doesn't impact other parts of the car. IE. if its all the same hardware please help us stay updated through the warranty time period.

I would love APPLE Car Play, I really do enjoy it on my friends Pioneer NEX I installed for him.
With nominal changes model year to model year, this is one of the few "new" things manufacturers offer to keep new buyers excited and looking at their products.

In other words - cold day in...

Limited360

Milford, MI
Buick Ownership
Buick
With nominal changes model year to model year, this is one of the few "new" things manufacturers offer to keep new buyers excited and looking at their products.

I agree on a cold day in hell..

Maybe there is an aftermarket update business model here.... most likely not due to liability reasons.

ddombos2

Buick Newbie
Kalamazoo, MI
Buick Ownership
2014 Regal Turbo

When my head unit did this the other day:
[video]https://youtu.be/Ovr13PuLsAU[/video]

I thought why couldn't this wait until the CarPlay units were available?

It went back to normal, but I took it in thinking some water had gotten inside and caused a temporary short circuit. According to dealer, they did a software reflash and update. I will have to wait and see whether I lucked out. I sincerely doubt it.

stoopid

Las Vegas, NV
Buick Ownership
2017 LaCrosse 1SL
When my head unit did this the other day:
[video]https://youtu.be/Ovr13PuLsAU[/video]

I thought why couldn't this wait until the CarPlay units were available?

It went back to normal, but I took it in thinking some water had gotten inside and caused a temporary short circuit. According to dealer, they did a software reflash and update. I will have to wait and see whether I lucked out. I sincerely doubt it.
The radio was committing suicide listening to that country music.

ddombos2

Buick Newbie
Kalamazoo, MI
Buick Ownership
2014 Regal Turbo
any luck yet? ddombos2
The system went back to normal operation on its own later the same day it malfunctioned. I took it to the dealer three days later. According to the dealership, the system just needed to be reflashed/reprogrammed.

We will see what happens. It hasn't done anything since. Then again, we haven't had any more thunderstorms like we did that morning...

neogenesis

Buick Ownership
Buick
I talked to GM/Buick about this the other day. As of now, there are no plans to retrofit the 14/15 Regals with Apple CarPlay via a software update. I imagine (hope) that I'm the future you will be able to swap out the 16+ radios to gain the functionality. But that remains to be seen.

cubaniche

Buick Ownership
Buick
I was told by GM service guys that the 14 GS doesn't get SMS support in any form. I know this isn't true because its in the manual and it works with Apply iOS. Just not in MY car. I don't get how some owners don't have an issues while others do.

They have the car in for service for what looks like a battery issue. They said they checked and there are no software updates for it so I am giving up for now. They put me in a 15 encore and it works just fine in that..SMH.

XtraPerformance

Buick Ownership
2016 Regal GS
I don't have the SMS feature in my 14 GS either. Kind of disappointing that we probably will never get it either along with apple carplay and android auto.

GTPprix

Metro Detroit, MI
Buick Ownership
Lacrosse CXS
I don't have the SMS feature in my 14 GS either. Kind of disappointing that we probably will never get it either along with apple carplay and android auto.
Only way you can get it is from the unlock from gm-navigation.com , Car play will NOT be coming to anything pre 2016 due to a multitude of hardware changes; sorry guys!

Bloodylipp

Buick Ownership
Buick
im using a 2016 regal turbo from the dealer while they are fixing a scratch they made while putting on tint. 1st thing i noticed is instant BT connection. no 30-40 senconds. its whithin 5 seconds of turning the car on.

i could care less about the apple play, give me instant BT

alphabets

Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Regal Turbo
im using a 2016 regal turbo from the dealer while they are fixing a scratch they made while putting on tint. 1st thing i noticed is instant BT connection. no 30-40 senconds. its whithin 5 seconds of turning the car on.

i could care less about the apple play, give me instant BT
My 2014 connects instantly. Within 5 seconds of turning the car on I get the popup on the infotainment and cluster screens. Maybe it's something with your phone.

alphabets

Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Regal Turbo
I just got an update to my Radio / Nav in my 14 GS. I'll have to go look at the menus, as it does look a little different, at least the radio.
I'm assuming it was updated by the dealer? Also, did you request the update, or did they tell you that they just updated it since there was one available?

Thanks for the info.

Pedal Commander