• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

14+ Intellilink Updates?

MikeC725

Northville, MI
Buick Ownership
2014 Regal GS AWD
I'm assuming it was updated by the dealer? Also, did you request the update, or did they tell you that they just updated it since there was one available?

Thanks for the info.
Yes, I took it in to the dealer with a complaint about the Nav not accepting addresses. Covered under warrenty.

alphabets

Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Regal Turbo
same phones
Yeah, that makes no sense. I tested it again today just to verify. I got in,and before I can even put my seatbelt on, the notification pops up on both screens that the Bluetooth is now connected to my phone. About 5 seconds after I start the car.

bmbutler

Buick Ownership
Buick
Thank you so much. I have a 2015 Lacrosse and a new iPhone 6S and was not getting my notifications such as text messages. Your instructions were perfect! Thanks.
Your SMS should work. Not sure if you have iPhone or Android but, if you have Apple go into Settings, Bluetooth, Select your Vehicles Bluetooth, then it will be a slider for 'Show Notifications'. Turn that on then your SMS will work. However they still havent fixed it where iPhones can reply through the car but ANdroids can. Maybe that has been fixed with the Apple Car Play not 100% sure though. I have a 15'.

ito

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
First post... been lurking here since I purchased my 2014 Regal Turbo in December.

I contacted Buick Intellilink support for a few issues I have with my radio (Out of date Nav, Slowness etc...) and asked while I had someone on the chat about updating my software, and if an updated software would add the Apple CarPlay features. I was informed that there were hardware changes required to introduce CarPlay, and that the 2014 Regal does not have a way to do the update.

Might just be blowing smoke up my a$$, but I was given an answer.

DansGS

Greater Cleveland
Buick Ownership
2016 Buick Regal GS AWD; Frost White
For those with '16's, I was told by Buick that Android Auto will be available in our cars sometime by late February. My dealer had no idea about this...had to contact Buick.

jas16gs

Buick Ownership
2016 Regal GS
For those with '16's, I was told by Buick that Android Auto will be available in our cars sometime by late February. My dealer had no idea about this...had to contact Buick.
Lol I called Buick myself the other day and was told Android Auto would be available April of this year.

Eilustre

Buick Newbie
Maryland
Buick Ownership
16' Buick Regal GS "Ebony Metallic" & 17' BMW M3 F80
Not true, I own a 16' for 2 yrs with 8800 miles and I updated my navigation by disc in may and I've been using android auto

miket76

Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Enclave
Will a software update cause the radio to cut on and off? I have a 2014 buick enclave and lately my radio will cut off and sometimes it will stay off for about 30 mins then will go to the intellink screen. Any ideas before i take it to the dealership?

agaric

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
2017 Regal GS AWD Crimson Red Tint Coat
The navigation updates are just that.
They only update the maps and other navigation related information.
Updates for the radio/ interface stack are not included.

PdxBodyWorx

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Lacrosse
I talked to GM/Buick about this the other day. As of now, there are no plans to retrofit the 14/15 Regals with Apple CarPlay via a software update. I imagine (hope) that I'm the future you will be able to swap out the 16+ radios to gain the functionality. But that remains to be seen.

Pedal Commander