'15 Regal Turbo USB Input

dnoel01

New Hampshire
Buick Ownership
2015 Regal Turbo Premium FWD, 2015 Encore Premium AWD, 2005 LaCrosse CX
Can anyone tell me why none of my flash drives will play on my '15 Regal audio system? The Intellilink does not even recognize that there is a USB media device plugged in, yet these same flash drives play fine in both my '15 Encore and my friend's '15 Chevy Cruze. Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Unfortunately it's seems as if you have tried all the basic trouble shooting with the flash USB port. Seeing how you know on the two formats and I'll assume that they don't have any other files other than music.

There are some TSB out there on these types of issues, but that may require a dealer trip or call with the VIN number to see about software updates. The only wildcard is that the USB port or cable could be a problem, but seeing how your phone is being recognized and able to playback it's not likely.

2012 Buick Regal GS
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS
Morning guys,

I also have this issue, phone will charge when I connect the cable to the USB port but car display says can't support it. When I have my phone or camera connected to the USB port, my rear speakers don't work it i have my phone plugged into the AUX port.

Here is the reply I got from the dealer on the matter:

G# CUSTOMER STATES THE USB PORT IS STATICKY WHEN USED

Verified concern. Found USB receptacle to be malfunctioning. New receptacle will be needed. Parts and labor will be covered by the Fidelity extended service contract however the cost of the repair would be less than the $250.00 deductible.

Correction to be taken per customer approval. Cost $190.00

dnoel01

New Hampshire
Buick Ownership
2015 Regal Turbo Premium FWD, 2015 Encore Premium AWD, 2005 LaCrosse CX
Hey everyone sorry for the lengthy delay in responding. I did finally take the vehicle to the dealer to investigate the problem further. Turns out that there was a short in the USB interface that was allowing charging but not the recognition of a flash drive or the ability to play files from it. The USB was replaced completely under warranty and is functioning perfectly now. You gotta love the extra coverage of a standard 4-year/50,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty. Just another plus for Buick!

Clarksville TN
Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS, 2005 Pontiac GTO, 2017 Durango R/T
Hey everyone sorry for the lengthy delay in responding. I did finally take the vehicle to the dealer to investigate the problem further. Turns out that there was a short in the USB interface that was allowing charging but not the recognition of a flash drive or the ability to play files from it. The USB was replaced completely under warranty and is functioning perfectly now. You gotta love the extra coverage of a standard 4-year/50,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty. Just another plus for Buick!
Does your USB port have the SD card slot in it and if so is there a part number for what they replaced?

Thanks

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.