1955 Buick Special.... getting a HEMI

Karszone

Buick Ownership
1955 Buick Special
My current project is a 1955 Buick with a 5.7 Hemi out of a 1500 truck. This video walks through the progress of the the Buick. I love the body lines of the car and some of the cool quirks that it had in the design like how the starter is engaged only when you put the gas pedal to the floor!

My other project is a little less conventional and is a 1929 Willys Whippet with the drivetrain from a Neon SRT-4 mounted in the trunk. Here is the video for that project so far as well.

Sal Collaziano

Buick: World Class Luxury
Staff member
Buick Ownership
None right now
My current project is a 1955 Buick with a 5.7 Hemi out of a 1500 truck. This video walks through the progress of the the Buick. I love the body lines of the car and some of the cool quirks that it had in the design like how the starter is engaged only when you put the gas pedal to the floor!

My other project is a little less conventional and is a 1929 Willys Whippet with the drivetrain from a Neon SRT-4 mounted in the trunk. Here is the video for that project so far as well.

Welcome aboard! Thank you for signing up! I'm glad you found us... :)

Karszone

Buick Ownership
1955 Buick Special
I did a few more little jobs while waiting for some parts. Worked on beautifying the parts you will pretty much never see because that seemed like a good use of time! It was a lot of work so I drafted in a helper. Let me know if you liked the paint schemes!

Karszone

Buick Ownership
1955 Buick Special
Somehow in the past 50+ years the fuel filler assembly from the car vanished. I have tried searching for a stock replacement with no luck. I decided to make my own using a generic fuel filler assembly from Amazon, some mandrel bend 2" pipe, and a whole lot of cutting and welding. I am happy with the result other than I need to replace the silicone orange coupler from the tank to the first hard line since silicone isn't fuel rated. I have a rubber piece on the way and will install it before I fill it up for the first time.

Here is the video!

Get your turbo buick badge right here!