• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

1966 Wildcat

ChuckBridges

Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
Buick Ownership
1966 Wildcat 2 door
Hello: My name is Chuck. My brother-in-law just gave me his 1966 Wildcat 2 door with the 425 Nailhead. It needs a little TLC, but the body is sound and it runs. I just had the linkage quit, stuck in drive, but will have to put it up on stands to find out what happened. As I am new to mechanics, being an electronics geek, I am looking forward to learning from the members here.

ChuckBridges

Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
Buick Ownership
1966 Wildcat 2 door
I don't think that Ray realized what he did. My wife, Jenny understood as soon as he gave it to me. I would be compelled to go over the car and fix things that I could. Ray fixes thing up just enough that they usually work. I cannot work that way. As on the defrost/heat lever, the cable didn't work. Ray just left it on heat as the ducting and connector for defrost had broken. I replaced the ducting and reattached the defrost duct connector. (I know I am mangling terminology... sorry). I then took off the fan and oiled it to work at full efficiency. That is how I work. I oiled the electric antenna and a laundry list of other things. A little OCD. Only when things need fixing. I have worked 6 out of the last 7 days on the car. Could be busy. My wife says I needed another hobby as you can't fly drones every day.

Pedal Commander