1966 Wildcat

ChuckBridges

Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
Buick Ownership
1966 Wildcat 2 door
Hello: My name is Chuck. My brother-in-law just gave me his 1966 Wildcat 2 door with the 425 Nailhead. It needs a little TLC, but the body is sound and it runs. I just had the linkage quit, stuck in drive, but will have to put it up on stands to find out what happened. As I am new to mechanics, being an electronics geek, I am looking forward to learning from the members here.

ChuckBridges

Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
Buick Ownership
1966 Wildcat 2 door
I don't think that Ray realized what he did. My wife, Jenny understood as soon as he gave it to me. I would be compelled to go over the car and fix things that I could. Ray fixes thing up just enough that they usually work. I cannot work that way. As on the defrost/heat lever, the cable didn't work. Ray just left it on heat as the ducting and connector for defrost had broken. I replaced the ducting and reattached the defrost duct connector. (I know I am mangling terminology... sorry). I then took off the fan and oiled it to work at full efficiency. That is how I work. I oiled the electric antenna and a laundry list of other things. A little OCD. Only when things need fixing. I have worked 6 out of the last 7 days on the car. Could be busy. My wife says I needed another hobby as you can't fly drones every day.