• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

1970 buick skylark base couple. Want wide tires in wider than front(maybe)

cadjaw55

Buick Ownership
1970 Skylark
We are thinking of going with wide tires in back and skinnier tires in front. Tires on it are P195 75R 14 and look like bicycle tires. Looking for used rims, but new is ok, too. New tires......any suggestions on how to choose?

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Depending on your budget and how long you want to keep the car, I would look at 17" wheel options in order to take advantage of modern tire improvements. If you want to go to 15" you should be able to fit 235/60x15 front and at least 245/60x15 rear. Not sure why you want a skinny tire in front, the handling would be awful.

cadjaw55

Buick Ownership
1970 Skylark
Thank you for your reply! I chose the wrong word in "Skinny"......perhaps as "wide as possible" would have been a better choice. I am looking for a wider tire in the back as you have more space vs. a tire that is wide but will not rub in the front. I will have to do more research on how to fit tires, my son is the brains of the outfit not me...lol. He is a Computer systems engineer and has a gift for mechanics. I have worked on cars for 50 years and he blows me away.

LARRY70GS

Oakland Gardens, N.Y.
Buick Ownership
98 Riviera, 70 GS455 Stg1
The optional tire for the Gran Sport, which has the same body as a Skylark, were G60-15's. The modern day equivalent is a P245/60R-15. I have P255/60R-15 on 7" wide rims in the front of my GS and P275/60R-15 on 8" wide rims in the rear. IMO, nothing looks better than the stock Buick Rallye wheels on these cars.

BroadwayCC5.jpg

Pedal Commander