• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

1971 buick brakes

Doesoe39

Buick Ownership
1971 skylark
With the booster hooked up the pedal is low and musshy, with the vacuum diconected it gets worse. We tested the booster and did the test stated up above and the pedal got hard and upon starting up the pedal went down enough to notice.

LARRY70GS

Oakland Gardens, N.Y.
Buick Ownership
98 Riviera, 70 GS455 Stg1
Hydraulic brake problems are fairly common. I have read about pinched hard line or collapsed soft lines. In your case, you have a non stock system coupled with a possible low vacuum situation. Keep at it and good luck.

Not sure if I have mentioned this or not, but you should join over at V8buick.com

With all due respect to this site, it cannot hold a candle to v8buick with respect to the car you have.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Just remember the poor vacuum could be caused by lots of things other than a camshaft, dwell not set correctly, timing not set correctly, carburetor mixture and idle screws not set correctly, etc.

Pedal Commander