• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

1972 trying to remove the electric driver seat

G-792780

Hi all,
I need to remove the driver seat to free things up/grease things. I cant get to 2 of the bolts near the rear end of the track. I'm assuming I'll need to slide the seat forward to access them. I have tried removing other bolts and disassembling the mechanism with the seat still in place, but I'm having no success. I'm stuck. Is there a release to allow the seat to slide forward if the motor doesn't work?

Thanks for any ideas.
Ray

labdad32

Buick Ownership
1973 Riviera
Hi all,
I need to remove the driver seat to free things up/grease things. I cant get to 2 of the bolts near the rear end of the track. I'm assuming I'll need to slide the seat forward to access them. I have tried removing other bolts and disassembling the mechanism with the seat still in place, but I'm having no success. I'm stuck. Is there a release to allow the seat to slide forward if the motor doesn't work?

Thanks for any ideas.
Ray
Having just
Hi all,

Thanks for any ideas.
Ray
I removed both my non-working electric front seats and was lucky enough to have them in a position where I could get all the bolts out and all the nuts off. It was not easy. I do not know of a release. If it helps here is a pic of the passenger side showing the bolt holes on the door side and the studs on the hump side. I had to take a reciprocating saw to a set of studs in a 1969 Chevelle last year, then welded new ones in place. 64AC1683-ADB2-4466-A28A-B24AA96F2A0C.jpeg

Turbo Buick Badge