1979-85 Buick Riviera Transmission Chain Cover Leak

ngdfitz

Buick Ownership
1981 Riviera
Hello All,

I have a 1981 Buick Riviera with the 5.0L and 3speed auto FWD configuration. The drive chain cover on the rear of the transmissions leaks terribly. I have been able to remove every bolt to reseal the chain cover but its' distance from the firewall makes it impossible to actually remove the cover. I am hoping someone else on this forum has experienced this problem and has some insight on how to remove the chain cover without dropping the transmission. I am posting a picture of the chain cover as well. It seems the trans-pan and speedometer cable o-ring are also leaking but this chain cover is the biggest culprit and the hardest to get to. It looks like I may be able to loosen engine and transmission mounts and try and move the motor forward but I am worried I will potential damage the fan and radiator or any solid lines running to the engine or transmission. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Ryan

IMG-1526 (1).jpg

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!
Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners