1982 Buick Century resto in Australia

AusBuick

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Thread starter #1
Hey all,

I own a 1982 Buick century custom that i have been slowly restoring to its orignal glory! The car was owned buy the US milatary from new with a base up north of Western Australia.

I have most things i need but am chasing a few body and interior trim parts.

Where is a good place to get these, and if they make them aftermarket. Rock autos have been great so far but the hard to get items are what im looking for.

Thanks guys
James

Buick Ownership
1996, 92 Buick Century
I own two of these with the later roof line. Unfortunately, there isn't much aftermarket support beyond body (sheet metal) and mechanical parts.

92.jpg
96.jpg

Love to see pictures and hear more about yours.

Keep in mind that General Motors did sell these under the names, Chevrolet Celebrity, Pontiac 6000, Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera (and just Ciera), as well as the Buick Century (and Chevrolet Century in Mexico and S.A.), so there were a lot of parts made for them. However, there were a lot of differences between them too (more than most people realize).

sonjaab

Buick Ownership
Buick
Here in the USA they made and sold lots of them 5th gen Century 82-96.
Easy to find used trim/body and those pesky relays in these cars.
None around the parts yards in OZ?
buick 1.jpg

AusBuick

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Thread starter #6
Thanks for your advice. There is only mine in Australia as far as I’m aware. They were never sold here as we don’t have buick over here.

I’m guessing I’m just going to find a scrapyard that has one and will somehow ship over here?

Will get some photos soon and post them up.
Cheers
James.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.