• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

1989 Riviera CRT interface

ATM

Buick Ownership
!989 Riviera
Hi There;
Has anyone managed to connect an iPod or other mp3 player to "89 Bose stereo with CRT?
ATM

Max Blast

Buick Ownership
1992 Riv
That would be awesome, but I don't think it's realistic.

Best you could hope for is to buy a cassette adapter, hook it to your smartphone and get navigation commands and/or itunes through the stock sound system.

CorvairGeek

3.8L Member
The Gem State
Buick Ownership
1996, 92 Buick Century
If the CRT equipped Riv's used the Control Data Module (CDM) for the tuner or tuner and amplifier (no amp with Bose), it would actually be quite easy. The most common application of the CDM (with amp) was the C/K pickups from '88 to '94. Any of the other GMs with 'weird' head units used them too. Some are labeled as such;
CDM1.jpg
This was from the trunk of a '90 Seville (no Bose). The head unit looked like a standard 1.5 DIN GM, but the tuner and amp were actually in the trunk (many DeVilles and Eldos too).

Here is one with a higher end radio where it is actually attached to the radio;
CDM aux.jpg
I had this one apart to install an Aux input.
The Bose units only have an outline of the heat sink shown in the above picture, as the internal amplifiers are deleted and the unit only outputs a low level signal out to the individual Bose amplifiers. Otherwise, it functionally the same as adding an aux input to any other CDM equipped GM vehicle.

Turbo Buick Badge