1990 Buick Riviera

Britspics

Buick Ownership
1990 Riviera
Having trouble putting the car in park . i have to use force to put it in park. ? no problem shifting to other gears it is only when i try to put the car in park. thanks

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Linkage or shifter mechanism first guess on what to look at. Possibly something has come loose or out of alignment on the shifter and/or linkage the only way to know on either is to look.

Britspics

Buick Ownership
1990 Riviera
Thank you for a quick reply . i will have my local mechanic take a look.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Where it says on the bottom attached file, but depending on OS and equipment how it shows up on the screen.

Britspics

Buick Ownership
1990 Riviera
thanks, the red one has the shift problem

Attachments

• IMG_3287.JPG
    IMG_3287.JPG
    497.8 KB · Views: 6
  • fullsizeoutput_248c.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_248c.jpeg
    445.8 KB · Views: 7

Regal LTD Coupe

Buick Ownership
1993 Buick Regal Limited coupe 3800
I had the opportunity to buy one years ago and for some reason never did, can't remember if it had sold or what. I looked maybe that same day at a Mercury Cougar XR7 with the 5.0 HO motor, but it was stalling out with a bad rack or something. For the money I probably should have bought it.

Anyways I love your black one in particular, great looking car on the level of the Biarritz of the same year. Did they still have the touchscreen stuff in 1990?

My first Regal had the same shifter and at one point a problem with starting. Once I got back from the mechanic and they did something whether accidental or otherwise where the mechanism was removed that stops it from shifting unless the ignition is in the ON position. I wonder if you're having some issue with that mechanism? I believe there is no mechanism that holds it from shifting unless the brake is applied, correct?

Misled

Pittsburgh
Buick Ownership
1990 Buick Riviera
Very nice. There aren't many good ones left out there. The touchscreens were done in 89. Mine.

XCpWAgT.jpg

Get your turbo buick badge right here!