1991 Buick Reatta will not start

r8f1k

Buick Ownership
Reatta
1991 Buick Reatta will not start, new fuel pump, new gas tank. Car cranks no problem, starts on starting fluid. We have 12 volts to one of the terminals on the fuel pump harness, but no fuel pump whine. I can hear/feel the relay in the trunk click on and off when cranked. What am I missing? Is there something typical to look at on these cars?

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Start at the relay, is there another one in the box that can be temporarily switched?
Do you have a wiring diagram to work with?

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

HotZ28

Full Member Since 2005
SE
Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU 2019 Regal GS
So, what is the fuel pressure at the rail with the ignition turned on?? Is it possible the new fuel pump had a different terminal for the 12v & ground? If they are hooked up backwards, the pump will spin in reverse. Fuel pressure check is mandatory!

Last edited:

r8f1k

Buick Ownership
Reatta
There is no fuel pressure at all. The fuel lines are disconnected from the engine and not 1 drop of fuel is comping out. I can't hear the pump running either, but the relay clicks.

G-634623

1991 Buick Reatta will not start, new fuel pump, new gas tank. Car cranks no problem, starts on starting fluid. We have 12 volts to one of the terminals on the fuel pump harness, but no fuel pump whine. I can hear/feel the relay in the trunk click on and off when cranked. What am I missing? Is there something typical to look at on these cars?
ignition module check pins if burnt replace module