1992 Park Avenue

Gentem

United Kingdom
Buick Ownership
1992 Park Avenue
Hi, after having posted once already, I thought I might as well formally say hello!

Bought my first American car last year, a 1992 Park Avenue in the UK. Has been driving like a dream so far with a whopping 230k km on the odometer!
Bought the car first of all because I've always wanted a motor from across the pond, just can't afford a muscle car "yet" :) but also because I want to essentially learn car mechanics by keeping it in good condition and essentially keeping it alive. Plus it's hella stylish!

WhatsApp Image 2019-11-16 at 11.51.54 (2)_LI.jpg

Sal Collaziano

Buick: World Class Luxury
Staff member
Buick Ownership
None right now
Hi, after having posted once already, I thought I might as well formally say hello!

Bought my first American car last year, a 1992 Park Avenue in the UK. Has been driving like a dream so far with a whopping 230k km on the odometer!
Bought the car first of all because I've always wanted a motor from across the pond, just can't afford a muscle car "yet" :) but also because I want to essentially learn car mechanics by keeping it in good condition and essentially keeping it alive. Plus it's hella stylish!

View attachment 25609
Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up. I'm glad you found us! :)

CorvairGeek

3.8L Member
The Gem State
Buick Ownership
1996, 92 Buick Century
Do I remember correctly, that there are no 'stand up' hood ornaments in your locale? I don't recognize the emblem on yours. All the U.S. spec cars ( both the PA and PAU) had a hood ornament. I love seeing these variations.
93 PAU1.jpg

Andy91

Buick Newbie
Croatia (Europe)
Buick Ownership
'91 Park Avenue
Hi, i think i saw your car for sale recently on Ebay UK.

I think yours would look nice with some clear side turn signals. GM was cheap and used a SAAB part, so they are easily available if that interests you.

And more importantly, if you want to work on it your best source are GM's service manuals. For 1992 there is the workshop manual and the electrical systems manual. The problem is, it only covers the US market cars and you have a european spec model. So GM also released a very rare electrical manual for european cars. This one:

CAM01744.jpg

I managed to get a copy (for 1993 but it will be just fine on a 92) and also scanned it into a PDF document. If you need it let me know and I'll send you a download link.

Do I remember correctly, that there are no 'stand up' hood ornaments in your locale? I don't recognize the emblem on yours. All the U.S. spec cars ( both the PA and PAU) had a hood ornament. I love seeing these variations.

The flat hood ornament is because of European regulations for pedestrian protection. Mine also originally had it but i replaced it with a US hood ornament.

European-spec Park Avenues also had different taillights, mirrors and all kinds of other little changes from the US version.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!