1993 park ave ultra supercharger issue

Buickguy123

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
93 Park Avenue SC Ultra 2000 Century Limitedd
That would be a problem if by Bare you mean insulation is missing. If it’s as you say, the wires are functionally junk. If this is as bad you say(SHOW US PICS) I suggest finding a similar year 3800 and taking the harness or chopping the harness off at the fuel rail and soldering it in with connectors and proper insulation and conduit etc already done you just have to match colors
Well, I was thinking I could pull up the connector to the CPS with the whole wire harness. Nope! The connector is too big. To remove the wires one must remove the AC pump brackets etc etc. So any wire repair will be hunched over the vehicle. Now I need to remove the PS pump and or bracket to pull out the whole Super Charger and or figure out a way to dis connect the SC snout because the mechanic did use a sealant dry gasket. Any ideas how to seperate the 3 sections? I could just reinsert the bolts and retighten hoping the leak goes away but I want to inspect under the snout. I am sure it is SC oil leaking but from where? This is one reason the wires are fried. Coolant weeping out of the failed WP too. Hot oil over the years. I think the Power Steering pump may need to be replaced. I have seen a lot of black gunk on the lines from underneath. Heater core may need attention. Needs two new door actuators and more freon r 12. VATS acting up. LOL Project car now for sure.

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
1999 Buick Park Avenue Ultra (Supercharged)
Well, I was thinking I could pull up the connector to the CPS with the whole wire harness. Nope! The connector is too big. To remove the wires one must remove the AC pump brackets etc etc. So any wire repair will be hunched over the vehicle. Now I need to remove the PS pump and or bracket to pull out the whole Super Charger and or figure out a way to dis connect the SC snout because the mechanic did use a sealant dry gasket. Any ideas how to seperate the 3 sections? I could just reinsert the bolts and retighten hoping the leak goes away but I want to inspect under the snout. I am sure it is SC oil leaking but from where? This is one reason the wires are fried. Coolant weeping out of the failed WP too. Hot oil over the years. I think the Power Steering pump may need to be replaced. I have seen a lot of black gunk on the lines from underneath. Heater core may need attention. Needs two new door actuators and more freon r 12. VATS acting up. LOL Project car now for sure.
Are you sure... because i have a pre series 1 and a series 2 and I needed a screwdriver for my series 1 with NO removal of anything except a clip and this is the wheel well shot of my crank pulley .. a small hook pick could get the connector off with ease(fender we’ll maybe in way) they cost nothing at harbor freight
C35AC534-4392-4A43-81E2-87B87811923A.jpeg

Buickguy123

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Are you sure... because i have a pre series 1 and a series 2 and I needed a screwdriver for my series 1 with NO removal of anything except a clip and this is the wheel well shot of my crank pulley .. a small hook pick could get the connector off with ease(fender we’ll maybe in way) they cost nothing at harbor freight
View attachment 30622
The clip on mine, once you remove it, can be pulled up about a inch where it hits a hole the wire runs through making it impossible to just pull up easily. However, by removing the tire and jacking the car up perhaps there is a way to wiggle it out of there but from above the clip or harness that connects to the sensor just hits that hole or space. I will have to look at it again.

Buickguy123

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
View attachment 30622
I see you wire as it leaves the sensor. Not on my PA. You can disconnect the clip from the sensor but that is about all. Damn GM.

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
LOL I did get it removed. Just had to push it up a bit then it came right out. Now the question is can I buy a completely new harness in the attached picture? View attachment 30706
It appears to be identical to my harness. I would suspect that all similar year 3800 has a similar harness I would just verify the pin out on the connector to yours visually and also make sure it has the same”lengths” because i think there was a slight difference in length of the ground wire in sc/na that is only based on how the harness is wrapped. Incouls be wrong but just double check

looks like

Dorman 645-688​

Says it’s for my 99 but a 95 lesabre owner said it worked he just had to rewrap the length to reach a sensor which can be done by you I hope.

I may get this if my car ends up being safe from the chopping block here soon.. lol. The wires are rough and brittle. The part at the connector sucks because I said so and it’s clearly been stretched

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
Just like you did when "Fisting Turkeys"? :ROFLMAO:
Yes

to be fair at my point in the process the birds no longer had cloaca or viscera and were without feathers and most/all trim was removed so it wasn’t exactly stretching because there was a nice sized opening. The fisting only came if a small bird or a improperly opened bird came by at which point usually involves pulling out some kind of organ or fecal or giant tumor or fungal infection. Once I pulled out a small length of chain such as that you’d use for a clipboard or hold a sign. Another time I found a pocket screwdriver.

crazy what things a 30-50 pound Tom will eat
You don’t want to know what it’s like when they killed (humanely) with a high BPM

Also the process of removing feathers involves hot water, for whatever reason if the line gets stuck...

you ever see a melted bird before?

HotZ28

SE
Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU 2019 Regal GS
"you ever see a melted bird before?"
Many times, when I also once worked in the human food supply chain of Turkey's with Con Agra!

Buickguy123

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
It appears to be identical to my harness. I would suspect that all similar year 3800 has a similar harness I would just verify the pin out on the connector to yours visually and also make sure it has the same”lengths” because i think there was a slight difference in length of the ground wire in sc/na that is only based on how the harness is wrapped. Incouls be wrong but just double check

looks like

Dorman 645-688​

Says it’s for my 99 but a 95 lesabre owner said it worked he just had to rewrap the length to reach a sensor which can be done by you I hope.

I may get this if my car ends up being safe from the chopping block here soon.. lol. The wires are rough and brittle. The part at the connector sucks because I said so and it’s clearly been stretched
I do not think that will work unless I add wiring as you say or unwrap it...maybe Dorman has another igual to mine. Mine has no ground wire either or it faded away in 2008?? LOL

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
I do not think that will work unless I add wiring as you say or unwrap it...maybe Dorman has another igual to mine. Mine has no ground wire either or it faded away in 2008?? LOL
Your ignition has a griund wire. Pull that harness out. If it’s not ground wire anywhere I’m pretty sure we found your problem.
the harness will work, just buy it. It’s gonna need reroute to fit without binding wires but that’s way easier on a new harness than yours lol

my 90 had a ground under the icm

Buickguy123

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Your ignition has a griund wire. Pull that harness out. If it’s not ground wire anywhere I’m pretty sure we found your problem.
the harness will work, just buy it. It’s gonna need reroute to fit without binding wires but that’s way easier on a new harness than yours lol

my 90 had a ground under the icm
There are 2 or 3 wires grounded under the ICM right now by a bolt and one runs to the battery I believe. I will find this Dorman part but as I said the wires that runs from the icm...the connector to the alternator where it connects to other wires is not long enough in the pictures anyway. The crank and cam connectors look ok. Again, if it is long enough where do I ground the other wire? That ground wire? Dorman wrote back and said this part was not for the 93 PA. Buick dealer said part discontinued. Lets see if I can find one at Advanced AP to compare sizes?

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
There are 2 or 3 wires grounded under the ICM right now by a bolt and one runs to the battery I believe. I will find this Dorman part but as I said the wires that runs from the icm...the connector to the alternator where it connects to other wires is not long enough in the pictures anyway. The crank and cam connectors look ok. Again, if it is long enough where do I ground the other wire? That ground wire? Dorman wrote back and said this part was not for the 93 PA. Buick dealer said part discontinued. Lets see if I can find one at Advanced AP to compare sizes?
You won’t be fixing one for your year unless you hunt eBay and I tried for 2 minutes and saw nothing. You can take this harness and EASILy CoNvert it to your application. See, your ground can go under the icm with the orhers(pull off your current harnesss now and see what it wires to)

your crank sensor and cam sensor are at the exact same spots as an l67 from 99. The harness runs the same route up top and loops back the same way and connect at the same big plug.
Alternator wiring is in no way related to to the harness I posted. In fact , you want your alternator wiring away from your ignition wiring because of emi
I imagine ac currents, high amp dc, coils, magnetic fields, all are a mix in heaven for emi and to the extent to mess up a ignition sequence maybe

Buickguy123

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
You won’t be fixing one for your year unless you hunt eBay and I tried for 2 minutes and saw nothing. You can take this harness and EASILy CoNvert it to your application. See, your ground can go under the icm with the orhers(pull off your current harnesss now and see what it wires to)

your crank sensor and cam sensor are at the exact same spots as an l67 from 99. The harness runs the same route up top and loops back the same way and connect at the same big plug.
Alternator wiring is in no way related to to the harness I posted. In fact , you want your alternator wiring away from your ignition wiring because of emi
I imagine ac currents, high amp dc, coils, magnetic fields, all are a mix in heaven for emi and to the extent to mess up a ignition sequence maybe
Screenshot_20210518-014004.png 20210516_173001_HDR.jpg

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners