• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

1993 park avenue gets hot and has no power

Parkavedrvr

Buick Ownership
1993 Buick park avenue
My park avenue has been a good car the motor is good and strong. Car has 103,000 miles.

It is 100+ degrees here in Texas an after it gets hot the car loses power, I push the gas and it does nothing and starts stalling. After pulling over an turning off for 10 minutes it will start right up and drive ok sometimes it will start doing it again a few minute later then other times it will get me 10 miles home after it does it. I bought a new fuel filter to put on. And I bought the relay switch because I was told the relay was "probably" the problem. What is making my car shut down when hot? Any advice would be great and also a diagram of the relays. Because it is impossible to find one online anywhere. I appreciate any help. Thanks.

Have replaced ignition module and all vacuum hoses.

Alan 55

Buick Newbie
Florida
Buick Ownership
2001 Buick Park Avenue, previously owned 1997 Park Avenue
My park avenue has been a good car the motor is good and strong. Car has 103,000 miles.

It is 100+ degrees here in Texas an after it gets hot the car loses power, I push the gas and it does nothing and starts stalling. After pulling over an turning off for 10 minutes it will start right up and drive ok sometimes it will start doing it again a few minute later then other times it will get me 10 miles home after it does it. I bought a new fuel filter to put on. And I bought the relay switch because I was told the relay was "probably" the problem. What is making my car shut down when hot? Any advice would be great and also a diagram of the relays. Because it is impossible to find one online anywhere. I appreciate any help. Thanks.

Have replaced ignition module and all vacuum hoses.
The engine is shutting down due to the loss of fuel pressure or spark. We sometimes believe that if it the loss of fuel pressure, the engine may “sputter” a bit before shutting down. If the issue is loss of spark, the engine will shut down with no “sputter”. This is not a good indicator. A true indicator would be to have a couple of things aboard your vehicle. A fuel pressure gauge and a spark tester. When the engine shuts down attach the fuel pressure gauge to the fuel rail for a test. 45 to 50 psi is good. The spark tester will let you know if the engine is firing. No spark could mean a faulty crankshaft position sensor but there are other possibilities.

85ltdt

Buick Newbie
Virginia
Buick Ownership
67 Skylark, then 76 Skylark,90 LeSabre,83 T-Type, 85 Limited T-Type, 98 Park Avenue, now a 96 Ultra
Fuel Schematic for VIN K, non-supercharged. If you have VIN 1 let me know.

BTW, literature for the park avenue can be had from rockauto.com, probably others. Just look up your car and under literature is where I found and ordered the service manual for my ultra.

VINK_FuelControl.png

Pedal Commander