1994 Buick Roadmaster Coolant Reservoir hoses switched

adamly

Hey, I have a 1994 Roadmaster. The car has been experiencing some moderate temperature issues and I noticed that the hoses leading to the reservoir were switched. If you look at the picture I posted, this was the way they are supposed to be. My car has those two hoses switched at the reservoir. Could this be causing any issues with cooling? Thank you very much.

Ironton,(southern)OHIO
Buick Ownership
'96 Roadmaster Collector's Edition
Hey, I have a 1994 Roadmaster. The car has been experiencing some moderate temperature issues and I noticed that the hoses leading to the reservoir were switched. If you look at the picture I posted, this was the way they are supposed to be. My car has those two hoses switched at the reservoir. Could this be causing any issues with cooling? Thank you very much.
Well, I was hoping I could look at my RMS and help you, but mine's a 96 and it only has one hose coming from the top of the reservoir. You need to see which direction coolant is flowing in the hoses. I would think that if a return line and engine feed line are reversed, it could cause a backup in the system and make it overheat. I'm not sure though. We need an expert here. Anyone?

adamly

Well, I was hoping I could look at my RMS and help you, but mine's a 96 and it only has one hose coming from the top of the reservoir. You need to see which direction coolant is flowing in the hoses. I would think that if a return line and engine feed line are reversed, it could cause a backup in the system and make it overheat. I'm not sure though. We need an expert here. Anyone?
Yes that is exactly what i was thinking. I am certain one is a feed line and the other a reverse. I am going to test it tomorrow and will let you know

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.