1996 custom century 3.1

Tracykilo

Louisville kentucky USA
Buick Ownership
Century custom sport 1996 3100
I just replaced wheel bearings on drivers side outer tie rod had alignment new tires now when I excellerate it drifts to right let off gas drifts to left .. what could this be please help cause I gotta fix it before I go out of town. I can't figure out what it could be

Tracykilo

Louisville kentucky USA
Buick Ownership
It seemed to be better for a short time but back to same situation uggg
Ok now I've had car back to alignment shop 3 times all is right but still having same problem. It seems that when I jack up the front and let front tires hang then put it back down it does right with no problems. But as I drive it goes back to having that same problem so I'm left to believe it's in the struts area . It has to be cause that's all that is left and it kind of makes since. So that's next any other ideas my ears are open for suggestions

Tracykilo

Louisville kentucky USA
Buick Ownership
Struts, hub bearings, outer tie rods, ball joints, tires, alignment , rear shocks, trans pan, filter, fluid, gasket, axle shafts, and seal, motor mounts 3 of 5 , still have 1 transmission mount and 1 motor mount to go that don't seem bad and inner tie rods. I'm beginning to believe it's the rack and pinion and or some sensor. Car has git up if u put foot into it without any absesive motor revs or transmission slipping. Just shakes and acts weak at take off. Feels like something open and closed when coasting then like brakes then coast then breaks without hitting either of the pedals. (Like a carborator opening and closing). Sometimes feels like someone bumps the rearend after complete stop. Thinking it's time to take it to a shop to get pros thought. Cause I'm ready to ramp the river. This car is just wearing me out with no garage and outside elements, Any suggestions would be great.

chem_man

Buick Newbie
Fallston, MD
Buick Ownership
1999 Century
OK, based on the last part of what you just posted, you need to check to make sure your ignition coils are still good. It sounds like one or more might be bad. Using a digital multimeter (DMM) check to see if the primary and secondary sides of the ignition coils are in spec. The primary side resistance spec is 0.50 - 0.90 ohms, and the secondary side resistance spec is 5000 - 8000 ohms.

Based on personal experience a bad ignition coil can feel like the transmission is downshifting or the brakes are being applied suddenly. I thought the transmission was going bad on our 99 Century the bucking was so bad. I tested the ignition coils and all 3 were out of spec. Replaced all 3 coils and the car ran smoothly once again.

Good Luck!

Tracykilo

Louisville kentucky USA
Buick Ownership
OK, based on the last part of what you just posted, you need to check to make sure your ignition coils are still good. It sounds like one or more might be bad. Using a digital multimeter (DMM) check to see if the primary and secondary sides of the ignition coils are in spec. The primary side resistance spec is 0.50 - 0.90 ohms, and the secondary side resistance spec is 5000 - 8000 ohms.

Based on personal experience a bad ignition coil can feel like the transmission is downshifting or the brakes are being applied suddenly. I thought the transmission was going bad on our 99 Century the bucking was so bad. I tested the ignition coils and all 3 were out of spec. Replaced all 3 coils and the car ran smoothly once again.

Good Luck!
Thank you so much . That's something I never would have of thought to be. I hope you are right.Im going to go test now. Oh I hope this ends the headache!

Get your turbo buick badge right here!