1996 Estate Wagon: Where is the other end of this vacuum line located?

guyslp

Staunton, VA
Buick Ownership
1996 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon Collectors Editon
Thread starter #1
I am finally getting around to replacing perished vacuum lines now that I can get outside without freezing to death. There is one that comes out of what I have to believe is the EGR system on the driver's side, see the picture below. The line on it was so brittle that it had broken at some point in the past and I'm replacing with silicone line. I thought for certain that it would be easy to find the opposing end, since the line appears to have broken in the middle, suggesting that it's "other half" should be somewhere nearby the break, but no such luck.

You will see the new silicone line coming off the small plastic elbow, but I have had absolutely no luck in finding where this line should connect to. Would anyone happen to know and/or have a photo of the opposite end of this line at its connection?

Buick_Unknown_Vacuum_Line.jpg

guyslp

Staunton, VA
Buick Ownership
1996 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon Collectors Editon
Thread starter #3
Thank You, Dirtybob.

I have no idea why an elbow plus some vacuum line was pushed on to that nipple at some point in the past by someone. Perhaps they were "hanging it there" with the intention of getting it put on somewhere else, got interrupted, and there it stayed.

I realized that I have a neighbor with the Chevy Caprice badge-engineered twin of my car, and also stopped by and asked them to peek in the engine bay. That nipple is just "there" with nothing attached.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.