1996 Riviera trunk leak

slq5150

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
The trunk of my 96 Riviera leaks. The trunk carpet will normally be wet on the right side near the location of the power antenna. It does not appear to be coming from the antenna. Any ideas???

LARRY70GS

Oakland Gardens, N.Y.
Buick Ownership
98 Riviera, 70 GS455 Stg1
The trunk of my 96 Riviera leaks. The trunk carpet will normally be wet on the right side near the location of the power antenna. It does not appear to be coming from the antenna. Any ideas???

Open the trunk and look closely at the sides where the gas struts bolt to the body. There is a seam there that leaks. Get some clear silicone sealer and put a bead along the seam, and around the brackets where the gas strut brackets are. That is where my 98 was leaking. I did both sides and that solved the problem.

Ship

Weymouth, MA
Buick Ownership
Riviera
I used to own both a 96 and a 97, both with trunk leaks. In both cases it was the seal for the rear lights. Applied some silicone caulking and the result was no more leaking.

G-94850

someone told me about a huge vacuum leak dose anyone know where i should start looking

Carguy8888

Buick Ownership
Riviera
My car was leaking from the hinges and the rear body panel. I had a friend go int the trunk with a flash light while I used the hose.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!